Platform Engineer- (Remote-Australia/New Zealand)
Remote - ANZ /
GetSetUp is the largest and fastest-growing online community of older adults who want to learn, connect and do wonderful things. Since our founding, we have grown to more than 4.6 million members around the world. The platform offers live classes taught by peers who are experts in their field, social hours hosted by community members, and special events with speakers who directly address areas of interest to older adults. We’ve grown to over 100 team members spread across the world with core teams in the U.S., Australia, India, and more sites coming soon. We partner with organizations that have a mission and focus on helping older adults thrive. This includes state and local government agencies, health plan providers, community organizations, care providers, and health systems.
As an engineer at GetSetUp, you'll help our community of older adults teach, and share their wisdom and skills through our global platform. You'll help build innovative infrastructure to enable learners to create and share content on our global real-time platform. We are growing our engineering team and we are looking for a software engineer who would love the opportunity to work at a globally distributed product company with a mission. We are looking for smart, dynamic people with outstanding technical skills and a great passion for developing beautiful, innovative software..GetSetUp is a globally distributed team and completely remote by design. We are fast-paced with caution, we are flexible, we value questions, and we push ourselves and each other to the next level. This full-time role is remote and it is open in New Zealand and Australia. We will consider candidates outside of these countries that are in a similar time zone range.
- Uplift the current tech stack to be able to handle the scale that GetSetUp needs.
- Be an internal advocate for modern engineering practices.
- Coach other engineers to assist in their growth.
- Improve engineering processes and tooling for predictable and reliable delivery.
- Work closely with Product to deliver GetSetUp's business needs.
Experience - Requirements
- Experience delivering high-quality production output in a fast-moving startup environment
- Ability to drive change and coordinate well with other teams
- Expertise in running highly-available services
- A strong believer in infrastructure as code
- Strong all-round engineering skills that cover a lot more than the code you write
Nice to Have
- We don't expect a platform engineer to be an expert in all of these, but a platform engineer will likely have to contribute to projects involving a combination of some of these. If you have any strong production/commercial experience in at least three of these (or their equivalent), we’d like to hear from you.
- TypeScript, Node.js, Docker, and Linux
- Kubernetes: EKS or GKEAWS: CDK/CloudFormation, SQS, SNS, IAM, Lambda, S3, VPC, EC2
- CI/CD: GitHub Actions, Buildkite
- Databases: DynamoDB, Aurora RDS PostgreSQL/MySQL
- Observability: Sentry, Prometheus, Grafana, OpenTelemetry
- CDNs: CloudFront, Cloudflare, Akamai
- Video streaming and conferencing: Zoom, IVS, HLS, and VoD delivery
- User-facing apps and APIs: GraphQL, REST, React, Next.js
- Data: Glue, Athena, Kinesis
At GetSetUp, our mission is to provide older adults with economic and learning opportunities. Our aim is to create a thriving interactive learning community that engages and fosters lifelong learning for our members. We hope to enable all those in the larger community to lead healthier and happier lives.
GetSetUp values equal opportunities for all. We value experienced workers and are committed to an age-inclusive workforce, affirming race, sexual orientation, religion, gender, disability status, and other dimensions of diversity.