Director of Content Programming
Remote - US, ANZ, or India /
GetSetUp is the largest and fastest-growing online community of older adults who want to learn, connect and do wonderful things. In the 19 months since our founding, we have grown to more than 4 million members around the world. The platform offers live classes taught by peers who are experts in their field, social hours hosted by community members, and special events with speakers who directly address areas of interest to older adults. Classes are taught in English, Spanish, Hindi, and Mandarin. We’ve grown to over 150 employees spread across the world with core teams in the U.S., Australia, India, and more sites coming soon.
We are backed by some of the industry legends like Cowboy Ventures (Aileen Lee), LightShed Ventures, ReThink Education, AME Cloud Ventures (Jerry Yang), Work Play Ventures (Mark Pincus), Sweat Equity Ventures (Reid Hoffman), Primetime Partners, Dunce Cap (John Danner) and several other notable consumer internet and health tech investors.
GetSetUp is seeking a senior content programming leader to drive the GetSetUp content strategy and celebrate the breadth of creativity and discovery on the platform. You will be responsible for understanding and developing the content ecosystem, programming & promoting exciting new content on GetSetUp and be at the very heart of the latest culture and trends emerging online. This role requires a deep passion for content, creativity, and culture.
As the leader of our Content Programming team, you will be responsible for daily local + global content strategies, featured programming including Guest speakers and celebrities, and driving innovative formats including talk shows, games etc. You'll work closely with cross-functional teams such as Partnerships, Marketing, Product, and Business Analytics to engage our user base, and collaboratively work towards GetSetUp's overall content targets. As a programming leader, you'll leverage your knowledge of the content ecosystem to identify and promote important new content and creativity to our millions of users. You will lead a team dedicated to content development, operations, and insights that map to overarching company goals.
The ideal candidate should be excited by working in fast-paced environments and on multiple projects simultaneously. We are looking for a leader who is flexible, can find solutions to ambiguous problems, be resourceful and bring positivity to the work environment.
- Manage a content strategy, development, and operations team that is responsible for deepening user engagement in the US market: establish clear KPIs, prioritize projects, and provide clear growth trajectories for all team members
- Develop and own a comprehensive strategy to grow and foster GetSetUp's content ecosystem
- Drive initiatives around innovate new content formats, inform the product vision, and grow user engagement
- Analyze and report on the state of the content ecosystem, including content development efforts, overall performance, feedback, sentiment, and cross-functional reporting
- Perform as a product specialist for content-related product features and GetSetUp's algorithm strategy
- Drive cross-functional collaboration across content, product, engineering, and marketing teams, helping inform the product vision and ensuring strategic alignment on growth and engagement initiatives
- Act as a spokesperson for the Content team in collaborative business groups, providing thought leadership to both internal and external partners
- Collaborate closely with global teams to coordinate international content campaigns and initiatives
- Lead key programming tentpoles and coordinate execution with cross-functional partners, including Marketing, PR, Music, and Partnerships
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience, preferably with digital content platforms
- 5+ years growing and managing teams
- Strong interest in entertainment and digital content; understanding of the media landscape and major trends in the industry
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Data-driven mindset and strong analytical skills; ability to interpret data, identify problems, and develop constructive solutions
- Extensive experience working cross-functionally and with all levels of management
- Excellent communication skills, ability to represent the company and product in external settings
- A collaborative leader who is accountable, proactive, and solution-oriented with good judgment in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Significant experience working with product and/or engineering teams
- Deep understanding of online content communities and the creator landscape
- Passion and knowledge of internet trends and pop culture
GetSetUp values equal opportunities for all workers. We value experienced workers and are committed to an age-inclusive workforce, affirming race, sexual orientation, religion, gender, disability status, and other dimensions of diversity.