Technology Onboarding Specialist (Remote)
Remote - US /
GetSetUp is the largest and fastest-growing online community of older adults who want to learn, connect and do wonderful things. In the 19 months since our founding, we have grown to more than 4 million members around the world. The platform offers live classes taught by peers who are experts in their field, social hours hosted by community members, and special events with speakers who directly address areas of interest to older adults. Classes are taught in English, Spanish, Hindi, and Mandarin. We’ve grown to over 150 employees spread across the world with core teams in the U.S., Australia, India, and more sites coming soon.
We are backed by some of the industry legends like Cowboy Ventures (Aileen Lee), LightShed Ventures, ReThink Education, AME Cloud Ventures (Jerry Yang), Work Play Ventures (Mark Pincus), Sweat Equity Ventures (Reid Hoffman), Primetime Partners, Dunce Cap (John Danner) and several other notable consumer internet and health tech investors.
About the Role
The GetSetUp Technology Onboarding Specialist goes above and beyond! The Team Member we are seeking is passionate about Technical Assistance & Customer Service Excellence in every way. This Full-Time 40 hour per week position requires you to focus on onboarding older adults on technology via the most impactful way possible (via phones, messenger, video conferencing, etc). You will be a compassionate listener, a friendly voice, an encouraging confidant; and one who empowers our GetSetUp members to enjoy everything our platform has to offer using their new technology.
What You'll Do!
- Act as a key point of contact for Technical Support Projects where Onboarding Older Adults with new Technology is key
- Provide up to date documentation for all established connections, follow up and reporting
- Work as the escalation point for staff technical requests that come into the Support queue, providing quick guidance via Slack and a Ticketing System
- Work with a team of motivated Support Specialists to monitor and tackle a ticketing queue of emails, chats, messages and phone support
- Engage in ticket monitoring and continuous improvement for trending technical bugs
- Provide active collaboration with leaders and peers to keep internal and external knowledge base current
- Stand out with outstanding professionalism with every interaction capturing a connection and establishing a rapport with Learners, Creators and Staff
- Follow established guidelines and documentation while relating with the appropriate tone and technical capabilities of the Customer
- Close the Loop on every ticket & onboarding call, following through with a detailed escalation or documented resolution in a timely manner to ensure highest Customer Satisfaction
- Other duties as assigned
Who You Are!
- You pick up new systems and technology quickly
- You are cool under pressure, and are able to use resources quickly and efficiently
- You are patient, adaptable and excel at switching between different tasks during the work day and prioritizing the right projects
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have amazing attention to detail
- You enjoy working with different personalities throughout your day
- You are available to work 40 hours a week
- You have Google Workspace, Windows and Apple product experience
- You have Zendesk or similar CRM ticketing experience
- Associate degree and / or Technical Certifications preferred
- Bilingual English / Spanish preferred
Compensation & Benefits
The hourly rate of pay is $17-20/hour. A candidate’s salary is determined by several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, time in role, location, certifications, etc. Full time employees are eligible for comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision, paid holidays and a competitive paid time off plan with flexible working arrangements.
GetSetUp values equal opportunities for all workers. We value experienced workers and are committed to an age-inclusive workforce, affirming race, sexual orientation, religion, gender, disability status, and other dimensions of diversity.