Remote - UK /
Creator Operations /
GetSetUp is the largest and fastest-growing online community of older adults who want to learn, connect and do wonderful things. Since our founding, we have grown to more than 4.6 million members around the world. The platform offers live classes taught by peers who are experts in their field, social hours hosted by community members, and special events with speakers who directly address areas of interest to older adults. We’ve grown to over 200 employees spread across the world with core teams in the U.S., Australia, India, and more sites coming soon.
We partner with organizations that have a mission and focus on helping older adults thrive. This includes state and local government agencies, health plan providers, community organizations, care providers, and health systems.
GetSetUp Guides teach online classes to older adults (50+). They design, develop, and teach peer-to-peer classes in subjects for which they have knowledge, interest, and passion.
Guides teach live, interactive and instructive classes online. They use their love of teaching and excellent communication skills to engage, instruct and delight our older adult learners. They have demonstrable expertise that they are able to transfer to learners in classes by explaining, demonstrating, and conducting exercises. GetSetUp classes are focused in the areas of technology, health and wellness, enrichment (hobbies, crafts) or personal and professional development.
Guides represent the GetSetUp brand and receive comprehensive training in our tools, customer engagement and virtual instruction so that they are highly effective at meeting the needs of our customers.
- Teach online classes (using Zoom) in subjects in which you have expertise, skill or certification
- Dependably launch scheduled classes on time
- Create class outlines/curriculums for new classes
- Learn and practice GetSetUp’s virtual led instruction principles
- Participate in GetSetUp trainings, meetings, etc as requested
- Stay up-to-date on technologies used by GetSetUp and our teaching platform
- Complete GetSetUp administrative tasks; submit hours, send post-session notes to learners in a timely fashion
- Provide feedback to other GetSetUp teams related to GetSetUp tools, classes, customers
- Manage class resources in Google suite (Docs, Slides, Sheets)
- Demonstrable expertise and knowledge in your areas, and can lead sessions in at least two different topics from the following list; Homes & Interiors, Gardening, Recipes, Cooking Tips, Hobbies & Craft, Puzzles, Relationships,Exercise, Mental Wellbeing, Family, Diet & Nutrition, Travel, Days Out, Cruising, Destinations, Television, Books
- Strong empathy, patience, communication and engagement skills
- Lifelong learner - ability and desire to learn
- Technical acumen - prefer familiarity and experience with Zoom, Google tools
- Resourceful, self-starter able to work independently
- Aligned with GSU mission
- 30+ years of work experience
- Can handle change and ambiguity
- Ability to maintain composure and customer focus while troubleshooting and solving customer issues over video
- Previous teaching/ training /coaching experience is desired
- 0-5 hours of teaching every week
- Participate in the GetSetUp Academy training program
- Attend GetSetUp training sessions and meetings if scheduled
- Access to reliable, high speed internet and the technology to teach (laptop and monitor)
- A quiet, distraction-free work space with good lighting
- The specific equipment (where applicable) you will use to teach your class (ie: (eg: Smartphone for iPhone or Android class, camera to teach photography, canvas to teach oil painting, musical instrument to teach music)
- Work from home in a interactive virtual environment
- Work for a company with a great, community-centered mission
GetSetUp is building an interactive online community for older adults to learn, grow, and connect. We are a team who are passionate about adding value to the lives of our GetSetUp Learners, and are looking for others who are excited to do the same!
At GetSetUp, our mission is to provide older adults with economic and learning opportunities. Our aim is to create a thriving interactive learning community that engages and fosters lifelong learning for our members. We hope to enable all those in the larger community to lead healthier and happier lives.
GetSetUp values equal opportunities for all workers. We value experienced workers and are committed to an age-inclusive workforce, affirming race, sexual orientation, religion, gender, disability status, and other dimensions of diversity.