Technology Support Specialist- Partner (Temporary/Remote) Customer Service
Remote - US /
GetSetUp is the largest and fastest-growing online community of older adults who want to learn, connect and do wonderful things. Since our founding, we have grown to more than 4.6 million members around the world. The platform offers live classes taught by peers who are experts in their field, social hours hosted by community members, and special events with speakers who directly address areas of interest to older adults. We’ve grown to over 100 team members spread across the world with core teams in the U.S., Australia, India, and more sites coming soon. We partner with organizations that have a mission and focus on helping older adults thrive. This includes state and local government agencies, health plan providers, community organizations, care providers, and health systems.
About the Role
The Technology Support Specialist - Partner will focus on applying different technologies through effective troubleshooting to help older adults get started with technology that is new to them and also guide them onto the GetSetUp site. This is a temporary part time (up to 30 hours per week) role with a projected end date of 12/31/2022.
- Communicate via email and telephone with older adults to help them feel empowered through the use of technology
- Onboard older adults with key information and step-by-step processes through the use of video conferencing phone technologies
- Provide keen attention to detail to ensure Technology Onboarding Projects are a success through documentation, process improvement, and reporting
- Work with a team of motivated Support Specialists to monitor and tackle a ticketing queue of technology onboarding questions that come in via email, chat, messaging, and phone support provider outbound support to older adults as needed and other duties as assigned
Experience and Requirements
- You pick up new systems and technology quickly
- You are cool under pressure and are able to use resources quickly and efficiently
- You are patient, and adaptable, and excel at switching between different tasks during the work day and prioritizing the right projects.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have an amazing attention to detail
- You enjoy working with different personalities throughout your day
- You have Google Workspace, Windows, and Apple product experience
- You have Zendesk or similar CRM ticketing experience Associate’s degree in a technical field or equivalent combination of education, technical training, military, and/or work experience will be considered
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
At GetSetUp, our mission is to provide older adults with economic and learning opportunities. Our aim is to create a thriving interactive learning community that engages and fosters lifelong learning for our members. We hope to enable all those in the larger community to lead healthier and happier lives.
GetSetUp values equal opportunities for all. We value experienced workers and are committed to an age-inclusive workforce, affirming race, sexual orientation, religion, gender, disability status, and other dimensions of diversity.