Senior Full Stack Software Engineer -Remote (Australia/New Zealand)
Remote - ANZ /
GetSetUp is the largest and fastest-growing online community of older adults who want to learn, connect and do wonderful things. Since our founding, we have grown to more than 4.6 million members around the world. The platform offers live classes taught by peers who are experts in their field, social hours hosted by community members, and special events with speakers who directly address areas of interest to older adults. We’ve grown to over 100 team members spread across the world with core teams in the U.S., Australia, India, and more sites coming soon. We partner with organizations that have a mission and focus on helping older adults thrive. This includes state and local government agencies, health plan providers, community organizations, care providers, and health systems.
As an engineer at GetSetUp, you'll help our community of older adults teach, and share their wisdom and skills through our global platform. You'll help build cutting-edge infrastructure to enable learners to create and share content on our global real-time platform. This full-time role is remote and it is open in New Zealand and Australia. We will consider candidates outside of these countries that are located in a similar time zone range.
We are growing our engineering team and we are looking for a software engineer who would love the opportunity to work at a globally distributed product company with a mission. We are looking for smart, dynamic people with outstanding technical skills and a great passion for developing beautiful, innovative software.
GetSetUp is a globally distributed team and completely remote by design. We are fast-paced with caution, we are flexible, we value questions and we push ourselves and each other to the next level
- Write clean, well thought out, and reliable code
- Be a part of our cross-functional product team
- Collaborate on the advancement of our product
- Work on big things. We have big plans and we are growing rapidly.
- Be fully responsible for your own and your team’s work. You build it, you run it, you fix it when it breaks in production
- Automate everything
Experience and Requirements
- Experience in a fast-moving startup environment
- 7+ years of experience in commercial software development
- Strong all-round engineering skills that cover a lot more than the code you write
- An interest in the process around software engineering
- Professional experience with a cloud environment, preferably AWS
- Balanced frontend and backend skills.
- The willingness and need to learn new things without being pushed
- A high level of care about what you do and how you do it
At GetSetUp, our mission is to provide older adults with economic and learning opportunities. Our aim is to create a thriving interactive learning community that engages and fosters lifelong learning for our members. We hope to enable all those in the larger community to lead healthier and happier lives.
GetSetUp values equal opportunities for all. We value experienced workers and are committed to an age-inclusive workforce, affirming race, sexual orientation, religion, gender, disability status, and other dimensions of diversity.