Data Analyst - (Remote-Australia/New Zealand)
Remote - ANZ /
Data Analytics /
GetSetUp is the largest and fastest-growing online community of older adults who want to learn, connect and do wonderful things. Since our founding, we have grown to more than 4.6 million members around the world. The platform offers live classes taught by peers who are experts in their field, social hours hosted by community members, and special events with speakers who directly address areas of interest to older adults. We’ve grown to over 100 team members spread across the world with core teams in the U.S., Australia, India, and more sites coming soon. We partner with organizations that have a mission and focus on helping older adults thrive. This includes state and local government agencies, health plan providers, community organizations, care providers, and health systems.
As a Data Analyst at GetSetUp, you'll help our community of older adults teach, and share their wisdom and skills through our global platform. You'll help teams from all aspects of our organization to understand and interpret their data to build a clear picture of their operations by identifying and extracting trends, metrics, and the underlying influences that are essential to their decision-making. Help us find solutions to the real-world problems facing our growing company in a dynamic, supportive environment and a team focused on solid data integrity, excellent analysis, revealing insights, and utilizing the best tools for the job.
We are growing our data analytics and engineering team and are looking for a data analyst who would love the opportunity to work at a globally distributed product company with a mission. We are looking for dynamic people with outstanding technical and analytics skills and a drive to understand the patterns and forces at work in complex qualitative and quantitative data from a growing market looking to be better understood.
GetSetUp is a globally distributed team and completely remote by design. We are fast paced with caution, we are flexible, we value questions, and we push ourselves and each other to the next level. This full-time role is remote, and it is open in New Zealand and Australia. We will consider candidates outside of these countries that are in a similar time zone range.
- Work closely with project managers from all aspects of the business (marketing, support, business development, product, communications and more) to understand their analytical needs, identify critical metrics and deliver actionable insights.
- Analyse data to answer key questions from stakeholders or out of self-initiated curiosity with an eye for what drives business performance, investigating and communicating areas for improvement in efficiency and productivity
- Create and maintain rich interactive visualizations through data interpretation and analysis integrating various reporting components from multiple data sources
Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years experience as a data analyst
- Proven analytic skills, including evaluation, analysis, and visualisation
- Technical writing experience in relevant areas, including queries, reports, and presentations
- Communication skills, especially explaining technical concepts to non-technical business leaders
- Excellent SQL and Excel skills with an appreciation for query performance
- Experience with BI tools such as Metabase, Tableau, Data Studio or PowerBI
- Practical experience with Python (Panda, SciKit) for scripting analyses, data reduction, and manipulation, model creation
At GetSetUp, our mission is to provide older adults with economic and learning opportunities. Our aim is to create a thriving interactive learning community that engages and fosters lifelong learning for our members. We hope to enable all those in the larger community to lead healthier and happier lives.
GetSetUp values equal opportunities for all. We value experienced workers and are committed to an age-inclusive workforce, affirming race, sexual orientation, religion, gender, disability status, and other dimensions of diversity.