Instructor (Remote US, Retirees Encouraged to Apply!)
Remote - US /
Creator Operations /
GetSetUp is the largest and fastest-growing online community of older adults who want to learn, connect and do wonderful things. Since our founding, we have grown to more than 4.6 million members around the world. The platform offers live classes taught by peers who are experts in their field, social hours hosted by community members, and special events with speakers who directly address areas of interest to older adults. We’ve grown to over 100 team members spread across the world with core teams in the U.S., Australia, India, and more sites coming soon. We partner with organizations that have a mission and focus on helping older adults thrive. This includes state and local government agencies, health plan providers, community organizations, care providers, and health systems.
GetSetUp Guides (our name for our instructors) are part-time independent contractors who work from home to teach online classes to older adults (55+).
They design, develop, and teach classes in subjects that they choose in which they have knowledge, interest, and passion.
We host live interactive sessions on a variety of topics like music, art, cooking, craft, fitness, gardening, etc.
Older workers that can relate to our learners who are older adults are encouraged to apply!
Guides teach interactive and instructive classes.
They use their love of teaching and excellent communication skills to engage, instruct and delight our older adult learners as they learn new technology and topics.
They have demonstrable expertise that they are able to transfer to learners in classes by explaining, demonstrating, and engaging learners. Guides represent the GetSetUp brand and receive comprehensive training in our tools, customer engagement, and virtual instruction so that they are highly effective at meeting the needs of our learners.
Guides are part-time independent contractors with a flexible schedule where they can choose how many hours they want to work from classes that are available in their knowledge base.
This ranges from a couple of hours a month to a couple of hours a week.
- Teach online classes (using Zoom) in subjects in which you have the expertise, skill, and/or certification
- Dependably launch scheduled classes on time
- Create class outlines, slide decks, and curricula for new classes
- Learn and practice GetSetUp’s virtual-led instruction principles
- Participate in GetSetUp training, meetings, etc. as requested
- Stay up-to-date on technologies used by GetSetUp and our teaching platform
- Complete GetSetUp administrative tasks such as submitting hours, sending post-session notes to customers, etc. in a timely fashion
- Provide feedback to other GetSetUp teams related to GetSetUp tools, classes, and learners
- Strong people skills and a knack for problem-solving
- Strong empathy, patience, communication, and engagement skills
- Can teach/present at least three different topicsLoves to work with and teach people from diverse backgrounds
- Lifelong Learner - Ability and desire to learn
- Technical acumen - Prefer familiarity and experience with Zoom, Google tools
- Flexible schedule including occasional weekend work with hours based on business needs
- Resourceful, self-starter able to work independently
- Aligned with GetSetUp mission
- Have reliable, high-speed internet
- A computer that is 1-2 years old with a Camera and Microphone
- If necessary, have equipment for the classes you will teach depending on the subject ( eg: Smartphone for iPhone or Android class, a camera to teach photography, canvas to teach oil painting, a musical instrument to teach music )
- Teach from the comfort of your own home
- Flexible schedule - you pick the hours you want to work from the pool of classes we have available
- Perfect opportunity to earn additional income in retirement
- Contribute to a mission-driven company helping older adults to thrive as they age
- Guides receive a scholarship for a premium membership to take GetSetUp classes and attend exclusive member events at no cost
- Competitive hourly wage
At GetSetUp, our mission is to provide older adults with economic and learning opportunities. Our aim is to create a thriving interactive learning community that engages and fosters lifelong learning for our members. We hope to enable all those in the larger community to lead healthier and happier lives.
GetSetUp values equal opportunities for all. We value experienced workers and are committed to an age-inclusive workforce, affirming race, sexual orientation, religion, gender, disability status, and other dimensions of diversity.