Director of Content Programming (US Remote)
Remote - US /
GetSetUp is the largest and fastest-growing online community of older adults who want to learn, connect and do wonderful things. Since our founding, we have grown to more than 4.6 million members around the world. The platform offers live classes taught by peers who are experts in their field, social hours hosted by community members, and special events with speakers who directly address areas of interest to older adults. We’ve grown to over 100 team members spread across the world with core teams in the U.S., Australia, India, and more sites coming soon. We partner with organizations that have a mission and focus on helping older adults thrive. This includes state and local government agencies, health plan providers, community organizations, care providers, and health systems.
GetSetUp is seeking a senior content programming leader to drive the GetSetUp content strategy and celebrate the breadth of creativity and discovery on the platform. You will be responsible for understanding and developing the content ecosystem, programming & promoting exciting new content on GetSetUp and be at the very heart of the latest culture and trends emerging online. This role requires a deep passion for content, creativity, and culture.
As the leader of our Content Programming team, you will be responsible for daily local + global content strategies, featured programming including Guest speakers and celebrities, and driving innovative formats including talk shows, games etc. You'll work closely with cross-functional teams such as Partnerships, Marketing, Product, and Business Analytics to engage our user base, and collaboratively work towards GetSetUp's overall content targets. As a programming leader, you'll leverage your knowledge of the content ecosystem to identify and promote important new content and creativity to our millions of users. You will lead a team dedicated to content development, operations, and insights that map to overarching company goals.
The ideal candidate should be excited by working in fast-paced environments and on multiple projects simultaneously. We are looking for a leader who is flexible, can find solutions to ambiguous problems, be resourceful and bring positivity to the work environment.
- Manage a content strategy, development, and operations team that is responsible for deepening user engagement in the US market: establish clear KPIs, prioritize projects, and provide clear growth trajectories for all team members
- Manage our creator community
- Develop and own a comprehensive strategy to grow and foster GetSetUp's content ecosystem
- Drive initiatives around innovative new content formats, informing the product vision, and growing user engagement
- Analyze and report on the state of the content ecosystem.
- Perform as a product specialist for content-related product features and algorithm strategy
- Drive cross-functional collaboration across content, product, engineering, and marketing teams.
- Act as a spokesperson for the Content team in collaborative business groups.
- Collaborate closely with global teams to coordinate international content campaigns and initiatives.
- Lead key programming tentpoles and coordinate execution with cross-functional partners.
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience, preferably with digital content platforms.
- 5+ years growing and managing teams
- Strong interest in entertainment and digital content; understanding of the media landscape and major trends in the industry.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Data-driven mindset and strong analytical skills.
- Extensive experience working cross-functionally with all levels of management.
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to represent the company and product in external settings.
- A collaborative leader who is accountable, proactive, and solution-oriented with good judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Significant experience working with product and/or engineering teams.
- Deep understanding of online content communities and the creator landscape.
- Passion and knowledge of internet trends and pop culture.
Compensation is based on related experience, education, and time in a similar role.
Benefits include health coverage, paid holidays, and a substantial time off plan along with the benefit of knowing you are helping improve the lives of others.
At GetSetUp, our mission is to provide older adults with economic and learning opportunities. Our aim is to create a thriving interactive learning community that engages and fosters lifelong learning for our members. We hope to enable all those in the larger community to lead healthier and happier lives.
GetSetUp values equal opportunities for all. We value experienced workers and are committed to an age-inclusive workforce, affirming race, sexual orientation, religion, gender, disability status, and other dimensions of diversity.