Virtual Fitness Instructor (Remote-India, Retirees Encouraged to Apply!)
Remote - India /
Creator Operations /
GetSetUp is the largest and fastest-growing online community of older adults who want to learn, connect and do wonderful things. Since our founding, we have grown to more than 4.6 million members around the world. The platform offers live classes taught by peers who are experts in their field, social hours hosted by community members, and special events with speakers who directly address areas of interest to older adults. We’ve grown to over 100 team members spread across the world with core teams in the U.S., Australia, India, and more sites coming soon. We partner with organizations that have a mission and focus on helping older adults thrive. This includes state and local government agencies, health plan providers, community organizations, care providers, and health systems.
As a GetSetUp Guide, you teach online classes to older adults (age 55+). You will teach interactive, creative/educational classes on the fitness topics that you have knowledge of, and passion about.
You will use your excellent communication skills to engage, instruct and delight older adult learners as they embrace new topics and learn new skills.
Older adults that can relate to our learners are strongly encouraged to apply!
Guides are part-time independent contractors with a flexible schedule! You can choose the number of hours you want to work from available time slots.
Guides represent the GetSetUp brand and will receive training in our tools, customer engagement, and virtual instruction so they will be highly effective at meeting the needs of our learners.
- Teach online classes (using Zoom) in subjects in which you have the expertise, skill, and/or certification
- Dependably launch scheduled classes on time
- Create class outlines, slide decks, and curricula for new classes
- Learn and practice GetSetUp’s virtual-led instruction principles
- Participate in GetSetUp training, meetings, etc. as requested,
- Stay up to date on technologies used by GetSetUp and our teaching platform
- Complete GetSetUp administrative tasks such as submitting hours, sending post-session notes to customers, etc. in a timely fashion
- Provide feedback to other GetSetUp teams related to GetSetUp tools, classes, and learners
- You have a variety of hobbies and interests or expertise in various subjects which you have a knack for sharing with others
- You are a natural teacher
- You have technical skills- familiarity. Experience with Zoom: Video Conferencing, and Google tools are a plus.
- You have strong people skills and are a great problem solver
- You have empathy, patience, communication, and engagement skills
- You can teach/present on at least three different topics
- You love to work with people with diverse backgrounds
- You never stop learning and are curious about new things.
- You describe yourself as resourceful, a self-starter.
- Have reliable, high-speed internet
- Late model personal computer(s) with audio and video and an Internet connection speed that will support video conferencing via Zoom
- The ability to provide your own equipment for the class you will teach. (smart phone to demonstrate on, canvas and brushes for oil painting, a musical instrument to teach music)
Perks of being a Guide:
- Teach from the comfort of your own home
- Flexible schedule - you pick the hours you want to work from the pool of times we have available
- Perfect opportunity to earn additional income in retirement
- Contribute to a mission-driven company helping older adults to thrive as they age
- Guides receive a scholarship for a premium membership to take GetSetUp classes and attend exclusive member events at no cost
- Competitive hourly wage
At GetSetUp, our mission is to provide older adults with economic and learning opportunities. Our aim is to create a thriving interactive learning community that engages and fosters lifelong learning for our members. We hope to enable all those in the larger community to lead healthier and happier lives.
GetSetUp values equal opportunities for all. We value experienced workers and are committed to an age-inclusive workforce, affirming race, sexual orientation, religion, gender, disability status, and other dimensions of diversity.