UX/UI Designer (Contract - Part-time)
Austin, TX (Remote Welcome) /
As a UX/UI Designer in the growing Design Team at Spruce, you’ll use your full set of UX/UI skills to create new and existing – internal and customer facing experiences across a variety of platforms. You’ll take ownership of the UX/UI process, while collaborating with Product and Engineering teams to ideate, research and design easy to use products in a fast paced environment backed by research.
This position is 15-20 hours a week, Austin, TX local or remote ok.
- Collaboratively define and research with Product team on new features
- Create information architecture and workflow documentation for mobile apps and web based applications.
- Audit and ideate on existing experiences to identify opportunities for improvement
- Design experiences for iOS, Android and web.
- Be an empathetic advocate for good design and customer experiences
- 2+ years experience in UX/UI Design or comparable educational program
- A stickler for consistency and UX/UI best practices
- Familiar with the Agile process
- Experience designing for mobile apps and web based applications
- Understanding of flexible design systems
- Creative problem solver that thinks on their toes and can make informed decisions quickly
- A history of getting things done
- Embodies our company values: ownership, people first, hustle, curiosity, boldness
At Spruce, our mission is to build relationships and technology that empower local businesses to serve our residents. As the leading provider of lifestyle services to the multifamily industry, we offer daily chores, housekeeping, pet care, laundry and dry cleaning services to more than 750 apartment communities across the US. Through the intuitive Spruce app, apartment residents can easily book services from certified, insured and background-checked professionals. Our success is based on delivering the highest-quality services to residents on-demand. Venture-backed and headquartered in Austin, Spruce has more than 40 employees and is growing rapidly. We promote a people-first culture where curiosity, ownership and boldness are valued and encouraged. Each employee has a personal, measurable impact on the success of the company and ideas are welcomed from everyone.