Senior Manager, User Experience Research
Product – User Experience Research /
For 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion-dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world, whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 405 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 330,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. Getty Images is a world leader in visual content. With over 405 million assets, of which over 285million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives and experience. We believe diversity is critical to our mission to objectively reflect the world we live in and allow our customers to illustrate that world. This means including a diverse range of voices in our content, actively pursuing diversity in our team and sources of content and listening to our customers to make sure we are as open and responsive as possible.
Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is looking for a forward thinking and driven User Experience Research Manager to lead a dynamic User Experience Research team. This role will work closely with the VP, Product Design, product owners, UX designers, web analytics, and marketing to identify gaps in the overall User Experience research strategy and collaboratively implement enhancements.
Who You Are:
You are an innovator who is an enthusiastic advocate for the customer experience. You are adept at using research to drive decision making and amazing products. As the Sr. Manager of User Experience Research you will be responsible for designing and conducting user experience research and analyses that lead to genuinely actionable recommendations. You will be responsible for finding innovative ways to research customer issues, explain their findings and propose recommendations for change to people with varying backgrounds including executive leadership. In addition to independently identifying key insights, as the Sr. Manager of User Experience Research you will manage the day to day and strategic activities of Researchers who are each responsible for using data from multiple sources to develop a deep enterprise wide understanding of customer behavior.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure that research data is consistently and accurately gathered, broadly communicated and archived and that customer satisfaction issues are monitored and communicated to stakeholders.
- Provide significant input into decisions that shape customer experience, optimization plans, site design and product development .
- Educate business owners, product managers, technology, etc. about UX principles in general, and for driving the integration of UX research data and processes into everyday activities.
- Guide and prioritize research program to ensure that resources are being used efficiently and effectively to maximize impact to business
- Analyze data from multiple sources (e.g. user research, on-site testing, VOC tools, business intelligence tools) to develop insights and recommendations for improving our site performance.
- Guide the identification of what customer insights are required to improve our customer’s experience including that of key and prospective customer segments.
- Partner with technology, ecommerce, marketing, program management and marketing communications to represents user needs during product definition, requirements gathering, project planning, UI design and product launch.
- Create clear presentations which highlight the impact of the customer experience on business results and work with the team to leverage customer information to improve user experience, increase revenue, decrease cost, and steer e-commerce and product design.
- Develop and use new ways of presenting information to management which is easier and faster to comprehend.
- Manage vendor selections
- Ensure that entire team keeps up to date with UX research techniques and emerging research tools
- Consistently provide immediate performance feedback to direct reports and perform annual performance reviews w/ mid-year check-ins.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 8+ years working in user experience research
- 3+ years of leading interdisciplinary UX teams by inspiring passion, dedication and amazing work from all team members.
- In-depth knowledge of UX design principles and current user research and design methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to identify suspect data and a demonstrated ability to figure out how to make the best out of incomplete or troublesome data sets.
- Ability to size financial impact of customer pain points, lost opportunities and proposed site changes.
- Ability to look for solutions and information in creative ways and convey complicated results and insights to people of varying backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex projects with significant financial implication and high executive visibility.
- Intensely curious with an intrinsic love for research and excellent user experience
- Solid relevant experience researching customer experience in an on-line merchandising environment.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Familiarity using Agile Methodologies preferred
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree preferred
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Occasionally moving objects up to 20 lbs and frequently moving objects up to 10 lbs.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
- Trustworthiness, Transparency, and Openness
- Raise the Bar
- Lead by Example
- One Voice
- Bring Me Solutions
- No Silos
- The Obligation to Care
- Customer Focus
- Managing Performance
- Results Focus
Due to the current conditions and impact of Covid-19, this key Management position will work from home.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.