Credit and Collections Specialist (Bilingual English & Spanish) - New York, USA (15471)
New York /
Finance and Accounting – Revenue Operations /
Credit and Collections Specialist
Location: New York, USA
Who You Are:
- You are a highly organized and motivated individual. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and can multitask efficiently. You’re able to work with sales peers globally to meet customers’ needs related to credit requests and vendor form completion. You are confident in making decisions within guidelines and are able to provide justification for credit decisions. You strive to meet credit service level agreements and exceed collection key performance indicators. Because of your outstanding communication and collaboration skills, you’re often the go-to person for both your peers and business partners when credit and collection expertise is required. You are able to provide negative decisions while maintaining positive customer relationships and sales relationships.
Your Next Challenge:
- Collect outstanding receivables based on goals set due to automating collection activities. Reach cash collection goals while retaining valued customers. Support sales and collection specialist(s) through bulk collection activities based on identified groups of special handling customers. Provide Sales transparency into finance account status and collection activities. Manage credit and collections process for specific accounts including reconciliations, analysis of account invoice status, reporting, and driving the collection process (including potential assignment to an outside collection agency). Use critical-thinking skills to make decisions on a variety of credit and collections tasks. Communicate with customers in a professional and tactful manner for the purpose of solving all past due payment problems with expedience. Communicate with internal customers and partners within and outside the finance department to provide status updates and requests for information. Make collections decisions based on credit reports, sales hierarchy, and customer history in support of sales revenue.
- Set up new accounts on customers’ website portals, deliver invoices, trouble shoot and work with help desks and customers to access POs. Complete vendor forms and requests from customers. Prioritize and maintain SLA's (service level agreements) for Salesforce queue requests.
- Provide strong customer service and communication with sales and customers regarding account status. Build and provide credit & aging reports identifying customers beyond or nearing their credit limits enabling credit to proactively assess and apply credit increases in support of sales goals. Perform various routine duties such as responding to e-mail requests from sales, customer e-mails, and running weekly aging reports. Create, update, and maintain process documentation. Use sales portal to respond to sales requests. Support processing of invoices through customer portals. Collaborate with internal partners, accounts receivable, sales, review processes, and implement improvements in connection with credit processes.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or similar preferred or relevant work experience. Minimum of 3 years related experience with knowledge of commercial collections.
- Strong computer skills with a good understanding of how databases work.
- Advanced working knowledge in MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote, File Explorer, and online vendor forms and invoice portal submission.
- Proficiency in CRM, Salesforce, and Oracle.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish required. Additional language skills desirable, especially Portuguese.
- Ability to communicate to multiple levels within the organization
- Excellent problem-solving skills, taking initiative and applying critical thinking.
- Strong attention to detail
- Customer service-oriented with strong attention to detail and the ability to balance meeting department goals.
Covid-19 Company Statement:
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which Getty Images will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing has been mandated by the Biden administration and that mandate applies to our US workforce. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Who We Are:
Getty Images is a preeminent global visual content creator and marketplace. Through Getty Images, iStock, and Unsplash, we offer a full range of content solutions to meet the needs of any customer—no matter their size—around the globe.
Getty Images encompasses the largest and best path to market for visual creators through their premier brands including its core, Getty Images; iStock, a value offering of creative stills and videos providing a significant volume of exclusive content to small and medium-sized businesses; and Unsplash, a free offering of creative stills servicing the fast-growing and broad-based creator economy.
Help us move the world with images! Bringing award-winning imagery to everyone, Getty Images has customers in almost every country in the world, with websites in 23 languages, bringing the world’s best content to media outlets, advertising agencies and corporations, small businesses and increasingly, direct to consumers.
Getty Images works with over 496,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport, and entertainment events around the globe. With over 495 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allow our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behavior and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or submitting an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment that celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.