HR Manager (13347)
Human Resources – HR Business Partner - APAC /
Help us move the world with images!
Getty is embarking on its next wave of innovation in visual storytelling and how to put the perfect image or video in our customer’s hands, be it for a society-changing headline or a brand’s next big campaign—truly moving the world with images.
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Getty Images is the starting point for our customers imagery search. Customers are confident that they are going directly to the best source of content, and that Getty's search engine will surface only the most relevant content to them and have the tools they need to refine and explore creatively.
Our customers will be able to communicate effortlessly with Getty Images, in their quest to find the right imagery. Using text, voice, or visual channels, they will have the ability to describe their content needs creatively and thoroughly. Getty Images' search will eliminate the barrier that exists between a creative art director and a technical researcher.
We are looking for a strong HR Manager who can provide tactical and strategic human resource consultation through our leadership and brand principles to optimize departments, structure, process and culture with the goal of achieving business results. This position is an individual contributor role reporting to HR Director Asia Pacific based in Sydney, Australia.
Who You Are:
You are an experienced and progressive HR professional who is a credible and sound business partner. You are pragmatic and innovative in your approach and not afraid to challenge the status quo, acting as a true partner to an evolving, fast moving business. Success to you is when you can see that your partnership with the business helps them make better decisions and solving problems for themselves. You are well versed and excel in change management, are relationship driven and a strong communicator. You are excited about joining an industry leader and to be a part of a talented, results driven, international HR team.
Your Next Challenge:
- Partners with the management team in the Japan office ensuring HR strategies and programs are aligned with business goals and global objectives.
- Focuses on areas such as recruiting, employee engagement, retention, performance and talent management while partnering with our in-house Talent Leadership Development, Total Reward and Talent Acquisition teams to effectively support the business.
- Acts as a change agent and proactively recommend practical changes and innovative approaches to address management and business objectives.
- Collaborates with HR Director APAC and global HR team in rolling out projects and initiatives, ensuring that they are locally relevant.
- Supports our Japan office to foster and promote Getty Images culture and values (our ‘Leadership Principles’).
- Maintains strong working relationship and consults with local Labour Department.
- Manages monthly payroll in collaboration with local Finance teams and prepares associated government required employee payroll and tax related reporting.
What You Will Need:
- Proven HR business partner experience ideally gained in a fast paced, creative and international environment in Japan.
- Experience working as a part of a matrix organization with a US company within technology and/or media industries would be an asset.
- Commercial business acumen – an ability to understand the needs of the business and recommend HR solutions that add value.
- Self-motivation/energy – must be able to demonstrate initiative and be proactive with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent communication skills in Japanese and English and the ability to remain objective and diplomatic are essential.
- Good level of numeracy and literacy essential. Must be accurate with strong attention to detail.
- Advanced MS Office skills together with a sound knowledge of an HRIS are essential.
- Flexibility and willingness to take on additional tasks, with the ability to plan, prioritize and multi-task.
Due to the current conditions and impact of Covid-19, this key position will work from home. As we do not have a timeline to when conditions improve, we are prepared to offer assistance with remote working.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.