Junior Assignment Editor - Remote - Los Angeles based (14045)
Los Angeles /
Editorial – Editorial Content /
Who We Are:
For over 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 360,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. With over 435 million assets, of which over 310 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allows our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
Who You Are:
Getty Images Inc. is looking for a Junior Assignment Editor, based out of Los Angeles, that thrives working in a fast-paced, fun, and creative environment that is rarely the same from one week to the next. You embrace the deadline driven media business, and enjoy interacting with photographers, editors and clients to solve problems. You are highly organized and as a result love to juggle multiple tasks and can prioritize on the fly. People trust you to handle all the details to get the job done. You display a sense of urgency and can handle important administrative tasks related to the Entertainment department.
You are eager to learn and don’t just see this as an administration role but one where you can truly add value. You are looking for the opportunity to grow and assist in all areas of our growing Entertainment business. You have a willingness to work occasional non-traditional hours both at the office and onsite for events.
Your Next Challenge:
- Research current events in the entertainment world, including: producing a calendar of events and speaking with clients, publicists and/or magazines to secure premium access to events
- Builds and maintains strong relationship with editorial clients by regular phone and email contacts, and personal visits
- Assist the team to plan and assign photographers to cover events
- Assists with definition and management of content upload processes via Picture Desk - from field and in the office - to ensure that quality captioned images are available for clients both during and after an event to meet strict editorial deadlines
- Manages logistic arrangements in deploying photographers to events and photo shoots
- Detail orientated with a focus on planning and scheduling
- Provide feedback to photographers on quality and production
- Process all paperwork on schedule regarding the production of events
- Knowledge of key editorial clients and maintain industry awareness, which includes staying up-to-date on breaking news, sporting events, celebrity events, and pop culture, etc.; familiarizing oneself with photographers’ work, events, etc.; keeping up to date on technological trends and terminology.
- Work with other agencies on pool material and collaborate closely with editors to assure the best level of coverage
- Seek feedback from researchers and sales staff to gauge client satisfaction
What You'll Need:
- Minimum of 1-year relevant experience in this field
- B.A. or B.S. degree preferred, but not required
- Photo editor experience is a plus, but not required
- Extensive knowledge in Entertainment, Celebrity News, or Public Relations
- Ability to work and thrive in a team-based environment as well as autonomously
- Detail orientated with a focus on planning and scheduling
- Willingness to work nontraditional hours, including nights and weekends
- Demonstrates independent judgment and thorough thought processes
- Effective communicator who works well with others to solve problems and create innovative solutions.
What You Can Expect: (Physical and Mental Demands & Requirements)
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Frequent repetition of motions and gestures that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
- Occasionally performing role functions in a loud and noisy environment.
- Occasionally performing role functions in outdoor elements that may involve low temperatures, high temperatures, precipitation, snow and wind.
- Occasionally performing role functions in presence of bright, flashing lights.
Benefits at Getty Images
We provide Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance for you and your family. We partner with Quantum Health, Meritain (An Aetna Company), and CVS Caremark to provide you with two options for medical coverage - a POS plan and an HSA-qualified (Health Savings Account) Plan. The POS plan comes with a $200 per year Getty Images contribution to an FSA account. If you enroll in the HSA plan, Getty Images will give you $1400-$2400 per year to spend on any qualified health expenses as you please! This money is yours, rolls over each year, and you can take it with you if you leave Getty Images.
Is available through Delta Dental. Vision Insurance is available through VSP. All full-time employees working at least 25 hours per week will become eligible for health benefits the 1st of the month following their date of hire.
Contributions to health care accounts are prorated based on the date of hire.
Time off Work/life balance is important to us
We provide flexible time off and 10 sick days each calendar year. Additionally, we pay 4 weeks fully-paid Parental Leave for new parents, with primary caregivers eligible for an additional 8 weeks of fully-paid leave.
Company Paid Holidays
Employees enjoy company-paid holidays for each of our global locations.
Disability and Life Insurance
We automatically enroll and pay for Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D) up to 2 times your annual salary. We also provide you with fully paid Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
Employee Assistance Program
Employees have access to free, confidential assistance for everyday problems such as stress management, financial coaching, marital or family issues, substance abuse, occupational problems, and referrals for legal, childcare, and eldercare services. Employees can seek additional discounts on other wellness activities such as travel, gym memberships, and sports! Through our EAP services, employees are also eligible for 3 free counseling visits and life coaching sessions.
Start saving for retirement! Getty Images matches up to 4% of your deferred compensation, with immediate vesting – that means all of Getty Images employer match money is automatically yours – with no waiting period!
Learning & growth
We value continuous learning and development to help everyone develop their skills. Enjoy mentorship, curated training & more.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behaviour and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.