Video Desk Editor - Mexico City (15908)
Editorial – Editorial /
Role: Video Desk Editor - Mexico City
Type: Full Time
Who You Are:
Getty Images is hiring a Video Desk Editor in Mexico City! Do you want to work for one of the world’s leading creators of images and video with some of the best editorial photographers and videographers in the world? We are seeking an individual with a passion for video and a commitment to upholding editorial integrity.
You thrive in the fast-paced, 24/7 world of news, sports and entertainment, working accurately and efficiently under deadlines. You have excellent news judgment and are fluent in video captioning, metadata, and keywording. As a team player, the Video Desk Editor assumes individual responsibility for issues when they arise. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, multitasker, and with superb attention to detail.
Your Next Challenge:
- Accurately and quickly review and edit live and non-live daily videos to meet Getty Images guidelines: assign captioning, meta-data, keywording, ranking and approving content for quality.
- Exercise solid news judgment; maintain a high level of journalistic knowledge and awareness of current and trending global news, sports, and entertainment events.
- Prioritize tasks according to relevancy and deadlines.
- Select and edit raw footage into clips, using editing software (Adobe Premiere).
- Trim, stabilize, color correct, level audio on raw editorial footage.
- Apply caption and metadata to clips before publishing to https://www.gettyimages.com/editorial-video
- Accurately and efficiently review and clip partner news feeds, accessing thousands of hours of world-class broadcast and UGC content.
- Liaise with partners on content needs, workflows and technical considerations.
- Monitor breaking stories trending in real-time and engage with partners to source appropriate video, prioritizing and uploading content to the site.
- Maintain slack channels internally and with partner communications.
What You'll Need:
- Relevant experience in the editorial video industry.
- Strong knowledge of video and digital imaging tools.
- Confident video editing skills including experience with industry-standard editing tools such as Adobe Premiere, asset management software, Media RSS, or MRSS Feeds.
- High Speed Reliable Internet to Upload/Download Footage (minimum 300 Mbps).
- English language proficiency for caption writing.
- Journalistic writing and copy-editing skills.
- Solid news and video judgment with a commitment to editorial integrity.
- Keen awareness of current news, sports and entertainment stories.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment accurately and efficiently with high-pressure breaking news situations while maintaining thorough attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team.
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and Creative Cloud applications.
- Availability to work flexible, non-traditional hours and willingness to work weekends, nights & holidays.
Nice to Have:
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry-style captioning and IPTC metadata standards.
- Understanding of video usage rights and licenses.
- Knowledge of Video Converters (Media Encoder).
- Usage of Dropbox and DaVinci Resolve.
- Photography editing skills.
- Experience operating cameras/gadgets for videography and capturing footage.
What You Can Expect: (Physical and Mental Demands & Requirements)
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information. (Required)
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary. (Required)
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc. (Required)
- Frequent repetition of motions and gestures that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers. (Required)
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment. (Required)
- Occasionally operating of technology.
- Occasionally performing role functions in a loud and noisy environment.
- Occasionally performing role functions in outdoor elements that may involve low temperatures, high temperatures, precipitation, snow and wind. Occasionally performing role functions in presence of bright, flashing lights.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is a preeminent global visual content creator and marketplace. Through Getty Images, iStock, and Unsplash, we offer a full range of content solutions to meet the needs of any customer—no matter their size—around the globe.
Getty Images encompasses the largest and best path to market for visual creators through their premier brands including its core, Getty Images; iStock, a value offering of creative stills and videos providing a significant volume of exclusive content to small and medium-sized businesses; and Unsplash, a free offering of creative stills servicing the fast-growing and broad-based creator economy.
Help us move the world with images! Bringing award-winning imagery to everyone, Getty Images has customers in almost every country in the world, with websites in 23 languages, bringing the world’s best content to media outlets, advertising agencies and corporations, small businesses and increasingly, direct to consumers.
Getty Images works with over 541,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport, and entertainment events around the globe. With over 538 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with over 10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allow our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or submitting an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment that celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.