Video Assignment Production Manager - London
Editorial – Editorial Content /
Several false job solicitations are circulating via email and social media purporting to be official Getty Images communications. While our staff may initially contact you via social media if your experience is relevant to a posted role, we will never issue job offers or request personal financial information via social media. Further, all outreach will include the Getty Images’ employee email and phone contact. As a reminder, all career opportunities can be found here.
Covid-19 Company Statement:
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which Getty Images will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing has been mandated by the Biden administration and that mandate applies to our US workforce. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Who We Are:
For over 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 360,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. With over 440 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allows our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
Video Assignment Production Manager - London
Who You Are:
- The Video Assignment Production Manager is a genuine cross-media operator with skills in every area of video production. Must have knowledge of shooting, editing, interviewing, motion graphics, sound, and managing the logistics and costs of a shoot. Knowledge and passion for entertainment, news and sports, popular culture is vital. An aptitude for technology, upload systems, file formats and delivery methods are a key facet of the role. Will manage client budgets and therefore be experienced with working with clients on budget management, quotations, and project management. Hiring and leading all aspects of freelance video crews, shoots and edits. Hours are flexible and dependent on event and shooting schedules and involve evening and weekend hours. Must be meticulous and able to manage multiple projects in various stages across multiple teams (internal and external), organised and have the ability to see projects through from ideation to post-production.
Your Next Challenge:
- Manage and coordinate multiple commercial video projects from ideation to post-production.
- Work alongside sales teams and clients across budgets, contracts, invoicing and project delivery, as well as providing creative feedback/direction to sales teams and directly to clients.
- Identify and pitch new opportunities for both creative and editorial video projects.
- Translate client requests into full briefs and project specifications, share briefs with video crew and ensure all requires/deliverables are communicated clearly from client to crew.
- Working with the wider editorial teams across news, sport and entertainment to determine video needs, opportunities, content creation and revenue opportunities, including our stills counterparts and assignment editors
- Manage a roster of freelancers and process the onboarding on new starts.
- Work with regional and global teams in US, EMEA to source and grow external regional talent.
- Lead all aspects of onsite productions and ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget with the highest quality and customer happiness.
- Management of Day to Day administrative tasks – freelancer paperwork & invoicing, keeping an up to date assignment log, submission of jobs into salesforce, asset management/backups to our company server.
What You'll Need:
- Desired 5 years proven experience in this field.
- Passion and curiosity about news, sport and entertainment along with popular culture.
- In-depth knowledge of production and project management from ideation to delivery.
- Must have extensive knowledge of file formats, video cameras, file sizes, social platform formats, editing tools and programs and delivery methods.
- Ability to work under pressure and juggle multiple projects at one time. constant deadlines, multi-task, prioritise and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communicator, effectively with clients, sales and other key stakeholders
- Ability to work in a team environment as a creative member of daily production team.
- Strong creative insights, technical ability and a meticulous eye for detail
- Ability to work extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Outstanding integrity at all times
- Desired knowledge of salesforce,
- Education- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
Mental & Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behaviour and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.