Sr. UX Researcher
Remote - United States /
Product – User Experience Research /
For 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion-dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world, whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 405 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 330,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. Getty Images is a world leader in visual content. With over 405 million assets, of which over 285million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives and experience. We believe diversity is critical to our mission to objectively reflect the world we live in and allow our customers to illustrate that world. This means including a diverse range of voices in our content, actively pursuing diversity in our team and sources of content and listening to our customers to make sure we are as open and responsive as possible.
Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
This role is a contract position, 6 months with possibility of extension.
Who You Are:
You are a talented User Experience Researcher who enjoys working on a wide variety of projects, from sitting at your desk cranking out a survey to getting out in the field with customers. In fact, you are adept at using many research methods and are keen to further advance your research repertoire.
You have a natural curiosity and desire to deeply understand people and what makes them tick. That appetite for understanding drives you as a researcher. You can connect with the people you talk to, and draw from them their true feelings and reactions, by putting them at ease, actively listening and reacting to what they are saying, and uncovering their true thoughts.
You enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment where you can evangelize UX research and build strong partnerships. You love tough research questions and champion research-informed solutions
You have a passion for images and a belief in the power they have to tell great stories. You want to be part of moving the world with images.
Your Next Challenge:
This person will be responsible for designing and conducting user experience research and analyses that lead to genuinely actionable recommendations. They will be responsible for finding innovative ways to research customer issues, explain their findings and proposing recommendations for change. This person is responsible for ensuring that research data are consistently and accurately gathered, broadly communicated and archived.
· This position will provide significant input into decisions that shape customer experience, optimization plans, site design and product development.
· Responsible for designing, planning, recruiting and conducting user research, including methods such as: usability lab studies, ethnographic field studies, competitive evaluations, participatory design sessions, surveys, heuristic evaluations, cognitive walkthroughs and similar approaches.
· Use data from multiple sources (e.g. user research, on-site testing, VOC tools, business intelligence tools) to develop insights and recommendations for improving our site performance.
· Partner with technology, ecommerce, marketing, program management and marketing communications to represents user needs during product definition, requirements gathering, project planning, UI design and product launch.
· Create clear, unbiased presentations which highlight the impact of the customer experience on business results and work with the team to leverage customer information to improve user experience, increase revenue, decrease cost, and steer ecommerce and product design.
· Participate in vendor selection as needed.
· Keep up to date with UX research techniques and emerging research tools.
What You'll Need:
· 5 - 7 years working in user experience research with demonstrated specific examples of impact, and experience working alongside Product Managers, Product Designers, and Developers.
· B.A. in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, or related social science, or equivalent graduate-level work; Masters degree considered an asset.
· Training in capabilities and limitations of research methods
· Mixed methods approach preferred
· Significant experience with multiple user research methodologies that span the product development life cycle from conceptualization to launch, such as lab studies, field research, iterative prototype testing, and surveys/questionnaires.
· Demonstrated experience with research design and statistical analysis including issues related to hypothesis testing – in particular sample size evaluation and confidence in results.
· Ability to look for solutions and information in creative ways and convey complicated results and insights to people of varying backgrounds
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with varying degrees of complexity with significant financial implication.
· Strong written and spoken communication skills.
· Experience working with e-commerce and/or b2b businesses preferred but not required.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.