Senior Director, Internal Audit - New York, USA (15296)
New York /
Finance and Accounting – Internal Audit /
Senior Director, Internal Audit
Location: New York, USA
At the time of the local office opening, employees and managers will partner to determine the work site location in line with our Flexible working policy (Remote, Full time in office, Less than 50% in office, and More than 50% in office).
Who You Are:
- Reporting to the CFO, this position is responsible for leading the Global Internal Audit function, currently supported by a team of 1 additional employee as well as external consultants as we navigate through our first year as a public company. This individual will be focused on SOX compliance, ensuring optimal and scalable internal control frameworks are in place and working within the business to mitigate risks.
- You will be an experienced and proven leader with deep internal audit experience and technical knowledge of internal audit frameworks and all compliance and regulatory matters for a public company. This role will require the ability and desire to effectively work cross-functionally, with impact across the organization, operate in an advisory capacity more than an auditor capacity, present with confidence and expertise to the Board of Directors, the Audit Committee and the Global Leadership Team with subject matter expertise, presence, professionalism, and exceptional communication style.
Your Next Challenge:
- Plans and executes the annual risk assessment and audit plan to address key risks identified.
- Oversees the planning, execution, and reporting of operational, SOX, and IT audits for all Getty Images locations for the purpose of identifying, analyzing, and recommending corrective actions with respect to weaknesses in internal control, identifying operational and financial opportunities for improving the operation effectiveness, efficiency, and profitability of the company.
- Coordinates and performs testing procedures to support management’s assessment of internal controls over financial reporting in accordance with the COSO Framework and Sarbanes-Oxley Act, including generation and evaluation of audit work papers.
- Represents the Corporate Audit function on significant cross functional teams, at times providing leadership to these efforts.
- Identifies areas and processes for improvement and proposes recommendations helping improve the efficiency and effectiveness of key business processes.
- Acts as liaison between the Company and external audit personnel and works with management in all areas to define the audit function as it relates to overall business activities.
- Lead the Company’s annual Enterprise Risk Management review with the BOD- liaising cross-functionally for the annual exercise and building infrastructure for periodic reviews/assessments as appropriate.
- Partner closely with Investor Relations on company’s efforts around ESG compliance and reporting.
- Establishes relationships with key leaders and promotes internal controls across the business.
- Leads special projects dealing with (but not limited to) reviews of system implementations, M&A due diligence, corporate reorganizations, and investigations.
- Partners closely with Accounting, Tax, FP&A, Investor Relations, and BI teams to deliver timely, accurate SEC financial filings.
What You'll Need:
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience (internal audit and/or accounting).
- A broad understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley 404 requirements.
- Working knowledge of IT systems and new technologies (Oracle and Salesforce a plus).
- Strong team player with proven leadership abilities.
- Proven ability to develop and articulate plans and issues to senior management.
- Validated experience implementing “best-in-class” processes, structures, and systems for large global businesses, with an ability to lead, innovate and drive results to a successful conclusion.
Nice To Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of 3 years internal audit leadership role within a public company.
- Strong financial reporting, technical accounting, and IT systems experience.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Relevant experience (internal audit and/or accounting).
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
Covid-19 Company Statement:
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which Getty Images will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing has been mandated by the Biden administration and that mandate applies to our US workforce. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Who We Are:
Getty Images is a preeminent global visual content creator and marketplace. Through Getty Images, iStock, and Unsplash, we offer a full range of content solutions to meet the needs of any customer—no matter their size—around the globe.
Getty Images encompasses the largest and best path to market for visual creators through their premier brands including its core, Getty Images; iStock, a value offering of creative stills and videos providing a significant volume of exclusive content to small and medium-sized businesses; and Unsplash, a free offering of creative stills servicing the fast-growing and broad-based creator economy.
Help us move the world with images! Bringing award-winning imagery to everyone, Getty Images has customers in almost every country in the world, with websites in 23 languages, bringing the world’s best content to media outlets, advertising agencies and corporations, small businesses and increasingly, direct to consumers.
Getty Images works with over 496,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport, and entertainment events around the globe. With over 495 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allow our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behavior and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or submitting an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment that celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.