HR Business Partner, EMEA - London (15533)
Human Resources – HR Business Partner - EMEA /
HR Business Partner, EMEA - London
Duration: 12 Months Fixed Term (Maternity Cover)
Location: London, United Kingdom
Start: Monday 3rd April 2023
- This role is a fixed term contract position, working as the Human Resources Business Partner for Getty Images EMEA Sales. The role will also provide ad-hoc support to the Global Customer Success function and provide country level expertise in the UK.
- In this role, you will report to the Director, HR Business Partner. If you are excited to join an industry leader and a passionate, hardworking, inclusive, dedicated HR team, this is the role for you. In this role you will actively contribute to Getty Images’ company objective of being the best place you have ever worked, helping us to continue to create this experience for our employees.
- You have experience working with UK and Europe-based employees and are excited about the opportunity to learn more about our other global regions.
- You are a hardworking, highly driven, empathetic, process and solution minded, experienced, and forward-thinking HR Manager.
- You actively model our Leadership Principles, bringing them to the forefront of your work and interactions.
- You are pragmatic and innovative in your approach and not afraid to challenge the established norms, acting as a true partner on our global HR team.
- You have broad experience with a comprehensive grasp of UK employment law, while able to support an EMEA team and understand the nuances. Also, the ability to help manage employee relations, and build positive relationships across our HR verticals (Rewards, Culture, Development, HRIS, Benefits, Recruitment teams). Additionally, you want to roll up your sleeves and move work forward.
- You have experience business partnering, having worked in a role where understanding the business is critical to your own success.
- You will partner with multiple managers across the functions; coaching them on varying topics such as performance management, talent mapping, diversity, inclusion and well-being initiatives.
- Success is when you can see HR programs, policies, and initiatives grow and move forward contributing to the success of our business.
- You are enthusiastic to help build HR processes and have the desire to continue to support our evolution and growth by working on project-based initiatives.
Your Next Challenge:
- Partners with your manager and the assigned client group (EMEA Sales) in defining needs and objectives in areas such as employee relations, retention, performance management, salary review, employee engagement, training, diversity and inclusion.
- Needs to be able to explain UK employment law practices and partner with other HRBPs in the team to ensure all employees are being treated fairly and consistently within the UK laws and company practices.
- Provides coaching, constructive challenge and advice to managers and staff in relation to employee relations
- Participates in planning and facilitating of new hire orientation, onboarding, and employee programs in partnership with the global HR team.
- Partners to support the UK, including communications, answering employee questions, understanding local and regional needs, and connecting these needs back to the overall organization.
- Suggests new procedures and policies to continually improve efficiency of the HR department and organization, and to improve employee experience
- Partners with HR centres of excellence (Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, Payroll, Culture & Development, HR Business Partners) on workflows, process improvements, projects and solutions , such as the bi-annual employee engagement and performance management cycle
- For your business functions you coordinate global HR workflows, including offboarding, immigration, relocation, morale, well-being, leave of absence, etc.
- Navigates, submits process tasks, pulls reports and analyzes data in the human capital management software system, Workday and employee engagement survey system. Guide others, including HR team members, managers and employees in learning and using Workday.
- Actively engaged in the ongoing performance management cycles, providing leaders and employees support during check-ins and mid and annual year review discussions, partnering on calibration sessions with leaders.
- Maintains compliance with local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Able to navigate employees concerns that may arise in business functions, including following our grievance and disciplinary process; also able to work with other HR business partners to guide them through these processes.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory and changes in human resources and employment law.
- Ability to support and cover for French HR Manager
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You'll Need:
- Demonstrative relevant HR Business partnering and/or management experience in this field
- BA Degree or Masters in Human Resources Management or related field or equivalent education and experience
- CIPD Level 7 certification preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems. Proficiency in Workday desired.
- Proficiency in French a plus, however not required.
Covid-19 Company Statement:
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which Getty Images will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing has been mandated by the Biden administration and that mandate applies to our US workforce. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Who We Are:
Getty Images is a preeminent global visual content creator and marketplace. Through Getty Images, iStock, and Unsplash, we offer a full range of content solutions to meet the needs of any customer—no matter their size—around the globe.
Getty Images encompasses the largest and best path to market for visual creators through their premier brands including its core, Getty Images; iStock, a value offering of creative stills and videos providing a significant volume of exclusive content to small and medium-sized businesses; and Unsplash, a free offering of creative stills servicing the fast-growing and broad-based creator economy.
Help us move the world with images! Bringing award-winning imagery to everyone, Getty Images has customers in almost every country in the world, with websites in 23 languages, bringing the world’s best content to media outlets, advertising agencies and corporations, small businesses and increasingly, direct to consumers.
Getty Images works with over 496,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport, and entertainment events around the globe. With over 495 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allow our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behavior and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or submitting an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment that celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.