Senior React Developer (15207)
Technology – Application Development /
Title: Sr. React Developer
Region: North America
Location: Greater Seattle Area, Washington
This position is responsible for designing and developing software applications. Testing and debugging new and existing software as well as performance tuning and optimization of existing code. Operates with considerable latitude and recommends major changes. May supervise activities of others.
- Independently develops feature designs for multiple, complex features
- Participates in code development by actively writing code and conducting unit testing
- Develops estimates and schedules on a project or team wide basis
- Works with development team and operations support to troubleshoot development environment, production environment, performance tune and optimize code
- Provides technical leadership for a project or feature team through design and code reviews as well as active mentoring of more junior developers
- Provide project status
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in this field
- Significant experience developing software in a commercial software development environment
- Proven ability to design and develop large scale, complex applications
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications
Education and Certifications:
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
Nice to Have:
- Demonstrated Leader
- Proven experience collaborating with and influencing leaders to maintain consistency and scale processes across teams
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain a professional and collaborative relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Expert communicator with strong written and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate complex ideas, timelines, and mediate between stakeholders.
- A demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels within an organization and proven ability to establish trust quickly and create win-win situations
- Demonstrated ability to manage change in end-to-end processes
- Proven ability to initiate and manage through change
- Ability to influence without authority
- Project leadership and organizational skills to transform ideas into successful execution while being capable of driving complex projects across multiple groups within tight timelines
- Demonstrates executive maturity
- Team Builder/Unifier
- Exceptional ability to bridge different perspectives
- The ability to establish and maintain relationships
- Creative & Agile
- An action-oriented self-starter who can operate in a fast-paced environment and thrives on competing deliverables
- Adept at deriving clarity out of ambiguous situations and adaptable to change
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite of products, such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Teams, etc
- Demonstrated experience in developing and analyzing data to support business decisions and to provide insight into future initiatives
Mental and Physical Demands:
- A quiet location with reliable high-speed internet connectivity, an environment suitable for professional work (desk, chair, external monitor, etc.)
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment
- Trustworthiness, Transparency, and Openness
- Raise the Bar
- Lead by Example
- One Voice
- Bring Me Solutions
- No Silos
- The Obligation to Care
This position is primarily remote, and our ideal candidate would have the ability to come in to our Seattle office bi-monthly.
Covid-19 Company Statement:
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which Getty Images will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing has been mandated by the Biden administration and that mandate applies to our US workforce. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Who We Are:
Getty Images is a preeminent global visual content creator and marketplace. Through Getty Images, iStock, and Unsplash, we offer a full range of content solutions to meet the needs of any customer—no matter their size—around the globe.
Getty Images encompasses the largest and best path to market for visual creators through their premier brands including its core, Getty Images; iStock, a value offering of creative stills and videos providing a significant volume of exclusive content to small and medium-sized businesses; and Unsplash, a free offering of creative stills servicing the fast-growing and broad-based creator economy.
Help us move the world with images! Bringing award-winning imagery to everyone, Getty Images has customers in almost every country in the world, with websites in 23 languages, bringing the world’s best content to media outlets, advertising agencies and corporations, small businesses and increasingly, direct to consumers.
Getty Images works with over 496,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport, and entertainment events around the globe. With over 495 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allow our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behavior and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or submitting an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment that celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.