Junior Staff Sports Photographer
Editorial – Editorial Content /
For 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion-dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world, whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 405 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 330,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. Getty Images is a world leader in visual content. With over 405 million assets, of which over 285million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives and experience. We believe diversity is critical to our mission to objectively reflect the world we live in and allow our customers to illustrate that world. This means including a diverse range of voices in our content, actively pursuing diversity in our team and sources of content and listening to our customers to make sure we are as open and responsive as possible.
Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Who You Are:
You are a visual and creative storyteller, who will bring a unique perspective to Getty Images. You are eager to support initiatives which promote Diversity & Inclusion and aren’t afraid to bring a diverse viewpoint to your work. As a Staff Sports Photographer, your role is primarily a sports action, portrait and feature shooter who is an up-and-coming leader in the field. You have contacts within the industry who can help grow our business with the different sport leagues. You possess strong skills in all photographic areas and subjects including digital photography, video, lighting, editing, and photographic technologies including transmitting content. You are a team player who works well with others and can be an ambassador for the company. As an integral member of the team, you may work independently or with the direction of the Director of Photography, Chief Photographers or the assignment team on the event or subject.
Your Next Challenge:
You will shoot and edit imagery (both still and video) based on the diverse content needs of the organization and our customers. You may have experience working large scale events, from the FIFA World Cup, Olympics and client commissioned assignments to studio portraiture photography. You exhibit professionalism and have a proven track record of maintaining a client focused perspective, representing the company with presentation and public speaking skills. You possess expert level skills in capturing key peak of action with the quantity and quality needed to support our client commitments. You bring a perspective on underrepresented communities and strive to provide diverse content to broadened representation shown through visual arts. You may be on the road for long and short-term assignments. At times, part of your role will include editing and assisting other photographers either on-site or remotely.
What You'll Do:
- Photograph, edit and transmit imagery or video for editorial and/or commercial markets on tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Write copy, captions and general metadata required for accurate descriptions of the content.
- Provide useful insight to the creative process, client requests and imagery needs.
- Maintain assigned photo and computer equipment to ensure proper maintenance and functionality.
- Edit imagery, keeping in mind deadlines and customer needs either onsite or remotely.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with various industry related organizations and athletes.
- Represent Getty Images in your local market as a Brand Ambassador and relationship builder.
- Foster internal and external relationships in a strong team environment.
What You'll Need:
- 1-3 years of professional experience within the photography industry.
- Portfolio of past work will be required.
- The ability to consistently deliver quality imagery.
- Strong/expert/masterful sense of editorial integrity as defined in our Editorial Standards https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/company/editorial-policy
- The desire and physical ability to travel, domestically and internationally, on short notice and frequently.
- Previous relationships with sports leagues, public relations, teams or organizations is a plus.
- Superb people skills.
Professional to high-level abilities of these key skills needed:
- Digital Photography.
- Image editing (including technology experience with imaging software such as Photoshop).
- Technical capabilities (transmitting, remote camera, digital manipulation, networking).
- Capturing sports events, key sports action and/or studio/portraiture work.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.