Creative Content Development
Creative – Creative Content /
For 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion-dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world, whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 405 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 330,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. Getty Images is a world leader in visual content. With over 405 million assets, of which over 285million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives and experience. We believe diversity is critical to our mission to objectively reflect the world we live in and allow our customers to illustrate that world. This means including a diverse range of voices in our content, actively pursuing diversity in our team and sources of content and listening to our customers to make sure we are as open and responsive as possible.
Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Grow volumes of creative stock stills, video clips and illustration relevant for local markets (Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore, Indonesia) through guiding and educating our key local contributors to shoot to our priority needs.
Grow our local contributor communities through the identification, recruitment and onboarding of new contributors.
Develop the skills of our local contributors by via shoot brief development, art direction, feedback on submissions and virtual and in person educational events.
Partner with marketing and sales in curating and promoting our most powerful and relevant imagery to customers. Aprox 50% focus on Japan photographers and 50% focus on SEA (Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore, Indonesia)
You are passionate about photography and video, are a great communicator and know how to connect with and influence image and video-makers. You are a Japanese and English speaker who has some creative, media or industry experience. You are very much a self-starter who can be depended upon to work autonomously but can also work effectively with local and global creative teams. You will be located in Tokyo and be willing to travel on some occasions to other SEA countries to attend photographer events, once travel is safe post the pandemic. You may have some community management experience either within the industry with a good awareness of the changing media/advertising landscape.
- Grow volumes of SEA RF stills, video clips and illustration relevant for local markets (Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore) (60%)
- a) Contributor Briefing:
- Create contributor facing briefs based on priority needs identified by the Content Planning Team
- Guide contributors to shoot against these briefs through one-to-one direction of key contributors, and scaled communication to the wider contributor community e.g. via webinars, virtual and in-person events and posts in the Contributor App and Social Media
- Work with wider creative team to evolve briefing effectiveness and to exploit potential of app to drive needed content
- b) Contributor Education:
- Devise and present educational programs e.g. ‘how to shoot more successful stock’ virtual and in person tutorials
- Build network of local contributor ambassadors and develop their skills so they can help scale education programs
- Establish contributor groups or forums e.g. via Slack Workspaces, Facebook groups etc
- Localise and implement global Contributor Benefits Program
- Innovate other ways to guide more contributors at scale to make the right content
- c) Contributor Recruitment:
- Recruit and ‘onboard’ new photographers from the regions
- Create and execute strategies to identify new sources of content across SouthEast Asia
- Support Sales, Marketing & PR in understanding the superiority and relevance of our content compared to competitors so they can grow customer engagement, loyalty and spend (10%)
- Create themed lightboxes, search strings and media image selections for sales and marketing teams and for on line site merchandising
- Present ‘best in class’ content to local sales and marketing teams and educate them on what makes it superior to comptetitor content
- Work with global and local site merchandising and marketing teams to surface our best content on the local sites and promote it in marketing
- On request contribute articles to the Creative Insights site
- On request attend seminars, panel discussions and and provide media interviews
- Support the Creative Planning Team prioritize creative content needs for Japan and SEA region (5%)
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative visual analysis of top performing content
- Collect feedback from customers, Picture Research, sales and marketing teams
- Competitor reviews to understand how well iStock and Getty Images local content offer compares
- Tracking and Reporting (5%)
- Regular updates of ‘seed shoot’ tracking spreadsheets
- Tracking of shoot activity from key contributors per country
- Regularly review of content from regional contributors to measure performance against key performance metrics
- Partner with contributor relations to provide Japanese language support and communication for new and existing regional contributors (5%)
- Help translate content guidance materials from English and present in Japanese via webinars and in person Help translate newsletters or articles for Contributor Website
- Identify locally relevant contributor tiers and apply appropriate service levels
- Support translation team in Seattle by e.g. reviewing translation from outsourcers and giving feedback
- Support Growth of Custom Content Revenue (5%)
- Support CC revenue growth from global and local customers needing content shot in Japan & SEA
- Coordinate with global CC team on growing the pool of local contributors capable of shooting CC
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Japanese speaking and very strong English skills
- Desired 3+ years relevant experience in related field
- Must be visually literate and combine creative and numerate skills
- Strong visual, written and verbal communication skills with ability to present data and research clearly
- Passion for creative media especially photography and video
- Broad knowledge of the photography/video/image industry is an advantage but not essential
- Must be proficient in relevant software applications including MS Office (especially Excel)
Education and Certifications:
- Relevant degree preferred in visual media
- Highly collaborative – you put team success before individual success
- Solutions focused
- Putting the Customer at the heart of what we do
- Pro-actively build advocacy for Getty Images amongst contributor and wider commercial photography community
- Trustworthiness, Transparency and Openness
- Raise the Bar
- Care, Courteous and Respectful
- One Voice and Accountability
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.