Senior Research Editor, European Markets (13892)
Sales – Research /
Who We Are:
For 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world, whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 405 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 330,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. Getty Images is a world leader in visual content. With over 405 million assets, of which over 285million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives and experience. We believe diversity is critical to our mission to objectively reflect the world we live in and allow our customers to illustrate that world. This means including a diverse range of voices in our content, actively pursuing diversity in our team and sources of content and listening to our customers to make sure we are as open and responsive as possible.
Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Position: Senior Research Editor
Start: May/June 2021
You are the creative link between Getty Images clients and sales teams, interpreting and fulfilling clients’ requests for content across Getty Images’ products and services and serving as a content specialist.
You have advanced search skills and knowledge of GI content and product offerings. You creatively and strategically bridge the gap between Getty Images clients, sales, and product teams and serve as a rights professional. You can find opportunities, train on relevant products, and are driven to bring solutions across the organisation and with our high-profile customers.
You will perform advanced visual research across all of Getty’s content and have an advanced speciality in Creative and conceptual research or demonstrate expertise in a content offering.
You have the ability to find and discuss revenue opportunities with clients (pertaining to future research opportunities or other GI products).
YOUR NEXT CHALLENGE:
- You will work as part of a team supporting our key customer in Europe to search and edit content to fulfil clients’ specific requests.
- You will collaborate with Sales to ensure that the entire scope of a clients’ project is understood in order to maximise revenue for all Getty Images products and services and follow up to ensure that content selection meets or exceeds expectations and results in a sale.
- You will demonstrate a full understanding of the Rights & Clearance Service; look for opportunities to pitch this service when conducting content searches and discuss options with clients.
- You will communicate and educate customers on how to search for content on Getty Images website
- You will act as a product specialist for particular content (stills, footage, music); educate clients and internal sales staff on content through presentations and individual interactions.
- You will provide overall outstanding customer service through constant customer interaction.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- You will have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the stock photo/ footage/ music industry and work well in a team environment
- You have the command to lead large scale projects or products without supervision, on time and in scope.
- You have a strong understanding of copyright, licensing, and Intellectual Property with a shown ability to work within client deadlines.
- You have strong communication skills, written and verbal with presentation skills
- You display consistent ability to use critical thinking
- You have a customer Focus – motivated to provide excellent service with high accountability in achieving results
- You have an ability to function well in changing environment
- You have strong knowledge of photography, history, geography, current events, and popular culture internationally
NICE TO HAVE:
- Proficient German and/or French language an advantage
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; the time of each will vary.
- Frequent repetition of motions and gestures that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
What You Can Expect: (Physical and Mental Demands & Requirements)
Due to the current conditions of Covid-19, this key position will work from home until further notice.
Women, gender-nonbinary, people of colour, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.