Sales & Marketing Copywriter, EMEA - London (00001)
Marketing – Communications /
Sales & Marketing Copywriter, EMEA
Duration: Fixed Term Contract - 6 Months
Location: London, United Kingdom
Start: January 2023, or sooner!
At the time of the local office opening, employees and managers will partner to determine the work site location in line with our Flexible working policy (Remote, Full time in office, Less than 50% in office, and More than 50% in office).
- A rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced commercial copywriter with excellent all-round writing and proofing skills and particular specialisation in sales and marketing copy, to join Getty Images - a company that is best-of-breed in supplying the world’s creative industries with award-winning photography, video and music.
- We’re looking for someone to join our small, friendly, EMEA Regional Marketing team - initially on a six-month fixed-term maternity cover contract but with the very real opportunity to extend beyond this period based on performance.
- In a varied role, working on a broad range of digital and printed customer-facing materials alongside a team of designers, it’s a chance for someone with strong copywriting skills to develop compelling narratives that complement our market-leading visuals, helping us achieve our mission to Move the World.
- The position reports in to the Senior Manager, Design EMEA, and benefits from our hybrid working policy with time divided between remote home-working (more than 50% of the time) and our offices in Bishopsgate, London.
Who You Are:
- You’re a native English speaker with a superb eye for detail and a passion for storytelling.
- You’ll be working in a varied role, supporting our designers, marketers and our sales representatives with compelling copy that captures our tone of voice whilst generating attention, interest, desire and action - across all branding, sales tools and marketing collateral in EMEA for the Getty Images, iStock and Unsplash brands.
- You’ll be comfortable multi-tasking and ready to lend your expertise and experience beyond the brief. Whilst able to work on simple ad hoc copy and proofing jobs, you’ll balance this with making time to think big - generating conceptual thinking that can bring our creative brand and beautiful products to life for our customers.
- Calm, organised and flexible under pressure, you’re happy working on multiple project streams at once, and can produce consistently high quality work, even to tight deadlines. With experience working within a corporate environment, you’ll be confident in your ability to catch mistakes and typos in even the biggest proposal documents, as well as translating stakeholders’ briefs into effective copy that lands our messaging.
- Finally, you’ll be a people person: enthusiastic and eager to learn and share your experience within your networks. You’ll understand that in a large corporation with partners and stakeholders all over the world, the ability to build relationships, trust and consensus through effective communication is the key to success.
Your Next Challenge:
- Tackling a broad range of copy and proofing projects, working on all of Getty Images’ EMEA customer-facing materials such as multimedia sales presentations, pitch materials, landing pages, sales prospecting emails, and print/digital advertising
- Assisting the Senior Manager, Design with the management of the design and copy workflow for the EMEA marketing team: working with internal stakeholders to optimise the briefing process, prioritise projects, and report on progress
- Bringing in the new: seeking out examples of the best copy both within the Getty Images network and externally, constantly generating new ideas and concepts to enhance the quality of our creative output
- Helping ensure that the team adhere to and stay up to date with our corporate brand guidelines
What You’ll Need:
- You’ll need to be a native English speaker who can demonstrate the ability to turn complex product information into simple but compelling copy
- At least two years’ experience in a professional copywriting role, ideally in an in-house design environment and with a strong track record in effective sales and marketing copy
- Excellent understanding and appreciation of writing for email
- Excellent attention to detail with proven proofing skills: can consistently catch typos and other copy mistakes before they get published
- Superb time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects and stakeholders
- Passion and enthusiasm for innovative, creative storytelling – both visually and in written form
- Familiarity with Eloqua, Outreach, Seismic and Monday would be a bonus
Covid-19 Company Statement:
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which Getty Images will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing has been mandated by the Biden administration and that mandate applies to our US workforce. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Who We Are:
Getty Images is a preeminent global visual content creator and marketplace. Through Getty Images, iStock, and Unsplash, we offer a full range of content solutions to meet the needs of any customer—no matter their size—around the globe.
Getty Images encompasses the largest and best path to market for visual creators through their premier brands including its core, Getty Images; iStock, a value offering of creative stills and videos providing a significant volume of exclusive content to small and medium-sized businesses; and Unsplash, a free offering of creative stills servicing the fast-growing and broad-based creator economy.
Help us move the world with images! Bringing award-winning imagery to everyone, Getty Images has customers in almost every country in the world, with websites in 23 languages, bringing the world’s best content to media outlets, advertising agencies and corporations, small businesses and increasingly, direct to consumers.
Getty Images works with over 496,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport, and entertainment events around the globe. With over 495 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allow our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behavior and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or submitting an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment that celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.