Sr Manager, Product Design - Remote USA (14196)
Remote- PST/MST /
Product – Product Design /
Who We Are:
For over 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 360,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. With over 435 million assets, of which over 310 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allows our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
Sr Manager, Product Design-
Location: Remote US, preferred PST/MST
Due to the current conditions and impact of Covid-19, this key position will initially work from home, until such a time we open our offices. At the time of the local office opening, employees and managers will partner to determine the work site location in line with our Flexible working policy.
Who You Are:
You are an innovator and an accomplished Product Design leader who is a hardworking advocate for the customer experience. You are adept at using research and data to drive decision making and amazing products. You flourish with close collaboration within cross-functional teams, relishing the opportunity to bring the customer perspective into team reviews and discussions. And you love to elevate a team’s work by expanding their team’s problem solving toolkit and engaging in regular, constructive critiques as you iterate and collaborate on defining the best possible solution.
As the Sr. Manager of Product Design, you will lead the day-to-day and strategic activities of Product Designers who are responsible for creating Customer and Contributor experiences for both Getty Images and iStock.
Your Next Challenge
- Getty Images’ Product Design team is seeking a Senior Product Design Manager who will be an outstanding addition to our team. You'll lead a hardworking design team, focused on crafting human-centric experiences for Customers and Contributors. The right person for this role must have experience in developing both holistic and future-forward experiences and demonstrated ability to inspire and mentor designers to push the boundaries, as well as keeping a focus on optimizing the details of current experiences.
- As a design leader, you will be encouraged to use your full range of product, interaction, systems, and design skills to raise the craft of your team, and guide them through the end-to-end development cycle.
What You'll Bring
- Work directly with senior design leadership in defining and leading both the near-term and future state of Getty Images and iStock.
- Collaborate with design leadership peers to lead and grow our team members and culture
- Set the strategy and vision for your area of ownership, offer a strong product and design voice with your cross-functional partners.
- Educate partners, product managers, technology, etc. about UX principles in general, and help drive the integration of UX research data and processes into everyday activities.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, engineering and user research to ensure a smooth product development process.
- Manage a team of ICs (potentially a Manager of Managers) at different stages of development. This requires setting clear goals, leading project loads and allocating designers accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for overall success.
- Guide your team to develop standard methodologies for ensuring a high bar of quality.
- Recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process.
- Lead efficiency/process opportunities that drive positive impact for the entire Product Design Team.
- Execute in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
- Provide clarity when it’s needed, help your ICs work more effectively and encourage them to implement the most desirable design solution.
- Consistently provide immediate coaching feedback to direct reports and perform annual performance reviews w/ mid-year check-ins.
What You'll Need
- 5 years of leading interdisciplinary UX teams by inspiring passion, dedication and amazing work from all team members.
- 8+ years of total Product Design experience.
- Incredibly strong design portfolio with examples of UX, interaction, and visual design.
- A strong understanding of user-centered design principles and design thinking practices.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in high-level product design strategy.
- Intensely curious with an intrinsic love for research and excellent user experience
- You are able to distinguish between ‘good’ and ‘great’ work and are able to design experiences that are simple, elegant, and dynamic.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and lead multiple complex projects with significant financial implication and high executive visibility.
- Contribute to a unique design culture and attract world-class talent.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Familiarity using Agile Methodologies preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree preferred
Education and Certifications:
Mental and Physical Demands:
Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
Occasionally moving objects up to 20 lbs and frequently moving objects up to 10 lbs.
Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behaviour and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.