Human Resources Generalist ANZ - Sydney, Australia
Human Resources – HR Generalist /
Several false job solicitations are circulating via email and social media purporting to be official Getty Images communications. While our staff may initially contact you via social media if your experience is relevant to a posted role, we will never issue job offers or request personal financial information via social media. Further, all outreach will include the Getty Images’ employee email and phone contact. As a reminder, all career opportunities can be found here.
Covid-19 Company Statement:
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which Getty Images will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing has been mandated by the Biden administration and that mandate applies to our US workforce. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Who We Are:
For over 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 360,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. With over 440 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allows our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
Human Resources Generalist ANZ - Sydney, Australia
Location: Sydney, Australia
We are looking for a strong HR Generalist who can provide tactical human resource consultation through our leadership and brand principles to optimize structure, process, and culture. This role is far from a one-dimensional role, and will oversee and lead on all things employee relate, recruitment efforts, new hire orientation and onboarding, payroll and benefits, company policy and procedure adherence. In addition, you will build strong relationships with our company's managers and leaders in order to support their human resource needs. This is a standalone role based in our Sydney office working closely with the APAC Sales team, the HR Manager based in Tokyo and the Director, HRBP based in New York. In this role, you will report to the Director, HR Business Partner. Together you will provide HR Business partnering support to the business groups in Australia and New Zealand.
Who You Are:
You are a versatile and experienced HR Generalist who has a comprehensive grasp of Australia and New Zealand employment legislation and employee relations with broad experience working with ANZ based employees. You are excited about having a global impact and the opportunity to learn more about our Asia Pacific and American based employees.
Additionally, you are a sound business partner that has the ability to manage employee relations and build positive relationships with business leaders and across our HR Centres of Excellence (Rewards, Culture, Development, Benefits, Operations and Talent Acquisition teams).
Success to you is when you can see that your partnership with functional leaders and employees helps them make better decisions for themselves. You are an excellent communicator who is proficient in and excels at building strong trust-based relationships. You are enthusiastic about building HR processes and have the desire to support our evolution and growth by working on project-based initiatives. Additionally, you want to actively contribute to a versatile and results driven HR team.
Your Next Challenge:
- Provide general advice and guidance to ANZ team, offering modern HR solutions and recommendations in relation to issues that arise.
- Partner with business manager/leaders in ANZ, along with the HR Managers and Business Partners on workforce planning and objectives to ensure cultural alignment.
- Focus on areas such as managing employment relations issues, recruiting, employee engagement, retention, performance, and talent management while partnering with our in-house Talent Leadership Development, Total Reward and Talent Acquisition teams to effectively deliver valuable service to management and employees.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of new projects, policies, and procedures to ensure HR strategies and programs are aligned with business goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with the Global HR team in rolling out projects and initiatives, ensuring that they are locally relevant (i.e., Annual Reward Cycle; Engagement Survey; Leadership Development; Mentoring; Onboarding initiatives, etc.).
- Bridge management and employee relations by assessing and anticipating HR related needs to address issues and concerns.
- Coach and support managers in the areas of people management and talent development.
- Be hands-on where required to ensure smooth HR operations, i.e., liaising closely with our payroll department, implementing training plans, and onboarding new hires.
- Maintain strong working relationship and partner with local Labour Department to interpret HR policies and employment legislation for the region.
- Manage monthly payroll in collaboration with local Finance teams and prepare associated government required employee payroll and tax related reporting.
- Foster and promote an inclusive and diverse working environment in line with Getty Images culture and values (our ‘Leadership Principles’)
What You'll Need:
- Minimum of 3 years of proven HR Generalist experience gained in a fast paced, commercial environment.
- Experience supporting employees in the ANZ region with a solid foundation of employment legislation, payroll, and HR administration in Australia (required) and New Zealand (preferable), dealing with the different government bodies and annual mandatory reporting.
- Be a collaborative teammate with an inclusive approach and ability to build great relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to develop the trust of your functional business executives and maintain confidential information.
- Self-motivated and able to demonstrate initiative and be proactive with a ‘can do’ demeanor.
- Genuine interest in how the business operates, and the ability and desire to grow your knowledge across the APAC region.
- Experience working as a part of a matrixed organization with a US company within technology and/or media industries would ideally be an asset. Experience working with Sales teams would be desirable.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to remain objective and diplomatic are essential.
- Must be critical thinking with a strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail. Advanced MS Office skills together with a sound knowledge of Workday (HRIS system) would be advantageous.
- Flexibility and willingness to take on additional tasks, with the ability to plan, prioritize and meet deadlines.
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Occasionally moving objects up to 20 lbs and frequently moving objects up to 10 lbs.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behaviour and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.