Manager, Software Engineering (Work From Home)
New York /
Technology – Application Development /
Who We Are:
For 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world, whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 405 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 330,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. Getty Images is a world leader in visual content. With over 405 million assets, of which over 285million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives and experience. We believe diversity is critical to our mission to objectively reflect the world we live in and allow our customers to illustrate that world. This means including a diverse range of voices in our content, actively pursuing diversity in our team and sources of content and listening to our customers to make sure we are as open and responsive as possible.
Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty is looking for an experienced hands-on Engineering Manager responsible for the day-to-day activities for one of Getty's software engineering teams who write and maintain the software responsible for delivering images and video from the biggest events in the world to our customers as fast as possible. You will play a key role in moving the world with images from the Olympics, World Cup, Fashion Week, and major news events from around the world.
The Engineering Manager will provide vision and strategic staff management for mentoring, high moral, job satisfaction, recognition, personal and professional objectives and development, performance management. Manages work planning, resource allocation, and deliverables for large software projects in concert with broader project team. Participates in design and development.
- Standards and Procedures—define coding standards and development cycle best practices and methodologies, and monitor for adherence
- Software Project Leadership—broad project team collaboration for planning, review, reporting, change control; development team work planning
- Capacity Planning/Resource Management
- Production Support—provision and monitor for appropriate responsiveness and support for production systems, applications, and SLAs
- Management Reporting—provide general status and activity reporting as required
- Comprehensive Staff Management—mentoring, morale, job satisfaction, recognition, personal and professional objectives and development, performance management
- Solution Design and Development—participate in solution design and development by actively designing solutions, writing code and conducting unit testing
- Technical Troubleshooting and Tuning—participate in troubleshooting, and performance tuning and optimization activities within the team
- Proactively maintain active communication channel with Director of Engineering
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant and/or management experience in this field
- Advanced programming experience in a structured software development environment
- Significant experience designing, developing, and supporting large, enterprise class solutions
- Experience in staff management and development experience
- Knowledge and experience in either Microsoft Windows development technologies or Java development technologies, and one or more of the following systems: high-volume data management, high-volume transaction processing, application integration, digital a
Education and Certifications:
- B.S./B.A. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Trustworthiness, Transparency, and Openness
- Raise the Bar
- Lead by Example
- One Voice
- Bring Me Solutions
- No Silos
- The Obligation to Care
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
Due to the current conditions and impact of Covid-19, this position is a work from home position.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.