HR Business Partner - Los Angeles (14337)
Los Angeles /
Human Resources – HR Business Partner - AMER /
Covid-19 Company Statement:
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which Getty Images will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Who We Are:
For over 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 360,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. With over 440 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allows our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
HR BUSINESS PARTNER
Location: Los Angeles
Start: ASAP Due to the current conditions and impact of Covid-19, this key position will initially work from home, until such a time when we return to our office.
This role resides within our HR Business partner team and is located side by side with our Los Angeles based employees and leaders. In this role, you will report to the Director, HR Business Partner, based in London. Together you will provide global HR Business partnering support to the business groups, specifically Editorial and Creative to provide hands-on, credible, and empathetic business partner support.
You are excited to join an industry leader and a passionate, hardworking, inclusive, results-driven HR team supporting a matrixed organization of almost 400 creative and editorial employees around the globe. You want to actively contribute to our company objective of being the best place you have ever worked, helping us to create this experience for our employees. You have experience working with US based employees and are excited about having a global impact and the opportunity to learn more about our European and Asia Pacific based employees.
Who You Are:
You are a hardworking, highly driven, empathetic, commercially minded, experienced, and forward-thinking HR partner. You actively model our Leadership Principles, bringing them to the forefront of your work and interactions. You are pragmatic and innovative in your approach and not afraid to challenge the established norms, acting as a true partner to an evolving, fast-paced business. You have broad experience with a comprehensive grasp of US employment law, while able to support a global team and understand the nuances. Also, the ability to manage employee relations, and build positive relationships across our HR verticals (Rewards, Culture, Development, HRIS, Benefits, Recruiting teams). Additionally, you want to roll up your sleeves and move work forward!
Success is when you can see your partnership with the business is helping them make better decisions for themselves vs. solving their problems. You are proficient in and excel at supporting change, able to build strong trust-based relationships, relationship driven, and a proven communicator. You are enthusiastic to help build Human Resources process and have the desire to continue to support our evolution and growth by working on project-based initiatives.
Your Next Challenge:
- Partner with our US based Editorial and Creative functions, working closely with the Director, Human Resources Business Partner to help deliver people plans and programs that are aligned with business goals and global objectives.
- Focus on areas such as employee relations, engagement, retention, performance, talent pipelining, and talent management, partnering with in-house Recruiting, Culture & Development and Rewards teams to successfully support the business.
- Proactively analyze relevant HR data and drive informed decision-making, identify root cause, and develop effective solutions.
- Collaborate & support with the Global HR team in rolling out both functional and HR projects and initiatives, ensuring that they are locally relevant (i.e., Annual Reward Cycle, Engagement Survey, Leadership Development, Mentoring, Onboarding initiatives, etc.).
- Participate in cross HR and functional project work, taking on objectives and delivering to necessary timelines.
- Have a critical eye on our global processes, ensuring they incorporate the cultural nuances and expectations of our AMER employees.
- Consistently support our employees across the functions to champion and promote Getty Images’ culture, living our Leadership Principles in all you do.
- Support the Director, Human Resources Business Partner to creating talent plans and leading initiatives with your business partners, at all levels within the organization.
- Analyze people data for business facing reports, such as performance management, diversity, and inclusion data.
- Become an expert in and champion the HRIS Workday tools.
What You'll Need:
- Minimum 3 years of proven HR business partner experience gained in a fast paced, commercial environment,
- Experience supporting North America region, specifically with US employment knowledge.
- Strong business knowledge with a genuine interest in how the business operates and the needs of the business to recommend value driven HR solutions.
- Experience working as part of a matrix organization, ideally within global technology and/or media industry.
- Analytical thinking and strategic problem-solving skills, able to cut through complexity and turn high-level business requirements and opportunities into specific initiatives
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of diversity and inclusion with direct experience influencing and building culture.
- Proven track record of developing strong relationships, leading with empathy, across all levels of the organization and with diverse client groups, while remaining objective.
- Ability to develop the trust of your functional business executives and maintain confidential information. Demonstrated ability to drive major initiatives and influence partners across levels.
- Self-motivated and able to demonstrate initiative and be proactive with a ‘can do’ demeanor.
- Project management ability to participate in projects and take on tasks to continue to evolve our organization, participating in the solution of the continual improvement of our systems and processes.
- Energy, enthusiasm, and eagerness to chip in and influence at all levels.
- Strong, clear written and verbal communication skills, capable of adapting to various audiences at all levels of the organization. Must be accurate with excellent attention to detail. Strong MS Office skills together with sound knowledge of Workday (HRIS system) would be advantageous.
- Professional HR qualifications are preferred, with a BA/BS in Human Resources Management or related field or equivalent combined education and experience; PHR certification preferred
What You Can Expect (Mental and Physical Demands):
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Frequent repetition of motions and gestures that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
Benefits at Getty Images
We provide Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance for you and your family. We partner with Meritain (An Aetna Company), and CVS Caremark to provide you with two options for medical coverage - a POS plan and an HSA-qualified (Health Savings Account) Plan. The POS plan comes with a $200 per year Getty Images contribution to an FSA account. If you enroll in the HSA plan, Getty Images will give you $1400-$2400 per year to spend on any qualified health expenses. Dental insurance is available through Delta Dental. Vision Insurance is available through VSP. All full-time employees working at least 25 hours per week will become eligible for health benefits the 1st of the month following their date of hire. Contributions to health care accounts are prorated based on the date of hire. For more information on these benefits, you may request an electronic copy of our Benefits Guide.
Time off Work/life balance is important to us
We provide flexible time off and 10 sick days each calendar year. Additionally, we pay 4 weeks of fully-paid Parental Leave for new parents, with primary caregivers eligible for an additional 8 weeks of fully-paid leave.
Company Paid Holidays
Employees enjoy company-paid holidays for each of our global locations.
Disability and Life Insurance
We automatically enroll and pay for Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D) up to 2 times your annual salary. We also provide you with fully paid Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
Employee Assistance Program
Employees have access to free, confidential assistance for everyday problems such as stress management, financial coaching, marital or family issues, substance abuse, occupational problems, and referrals for legal, childcare, and eldercare services. Employees can seek additional discounts on other wellness activities such as travel, gym memberships, and sports! Through our EAP services, employees are also eligible for 3 free counseling visits and life coaching sessions.
Start saving for retirement! Getty Images matches up to 4% of your deferred compensation, with immediate vesting – that means all of Getty Images employer match money is automatically yours – with no waiting period!
Learning & Growth
We value continuous learning and development to help everyone develop their skills. Enjoy mentorship, curated training & more.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behaviour and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.