Staff Photographer, Entertainment - Los Angeles, USA (15120)
Los Angeles /
Editorial – Editorial Content /
Duration: Permanent / Full Time
Location: Los Angeles
The Entertainment Photographer captures and edits imagery for our Entertainment clients, partners, and collections. You are expected to have advanced skills and experience in all photographic areas and subjects including digital photography, lighting, portraiture, event reportage, capturing video, producing content for social media, and knowledge of technology around transmitting images from a camera. Effective communication skills are required when interacting with Getty Images employees, clients, publicists, public relations, as well as photographers.
Assignments can range from a large award show, a small product launch, a red-carpet event, a corporate assignment, studio portrait photography, and video capture. In each case, you are part of a team that includes assignment managers, photo editors, and other photographers. You will be required to interact with clients, talent, and public relations. You are expected to build and maintain familiarity with the public relations people, security, and celebrities that you will encounter on your assignments.
A Getty Entertainment photographer must be able to navigate conversations between both creative and non-creative personality types with patience and diplomacy. Your ability to assume responsibility for issues as they arise, prioritize a heavy workload, and meet strict deadlines is important.
Photographing and accurately captioning images calls for good research skills and awareness of global entertainment personalities and trends. Knowledge of how images are used in print, online, and on social media platforms is important.
The still and video imagery captured is based on the content needs of the organization. Photographers may work independently or with the direction of the directors of photography and assignment editors.
A Getty Images Entertainment Photographer should be competent at both written and verbal communication, and proficient in image editing using Adobe imaging software. Assignments often incorporate technology that requires photographers to be able to connect to networks, transmit images from camera, and troubleshoot these workflows.
Your Next Challenge:
- Photograph, edit and transmit imagery and, at times, video for editorial and/or commercial markets on tight deadlines.
- Represent the company in your local market through daily entertainment coverage in the Los Angeles area.
- Take ownership of your home market and work closely with freelance photographers and local teams.
- Write copy, captions and general metadata required for accurate descriptions of the content.
- Maintain assigned photo and computer equipment to ensure proper maintenance and functionality.
- Develop partnerships with various industry-related organizations and talent
- Fosters relationships in a dedicated team environment internally and externally.
- Participate in the mentorship of other team members and industry professionals.
- Lead multi-photographer events, including coordinating photo transmission and shooting positions.
What You'll Need:
- The ability to consistently deliver quality imagery.
- Ability to work as a team with other photographers when needed.
- Background in and well-established relationships within the industry working with and for different organizations including sports leagues, public relations, teams, and organizations.
- A minimum five years’ experience in the industry
- Expert sense of editorial integrity as defined in our Editorial Standards https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/company/editorial-policy
- Ability to be available to cover events on-call (on a moment’s notice).
- Possess superb people skills.
What You Can Expect (Mental and Physical Demands):
- Because we cover an incredible variety of events, the physical requirements below have been necessary to ensure we can capture and provide the content that the organization requires.
- Must be physically able to work for extended periods, sometimes over days or weeks, in all environments
- Must be physically able to travel, internationally and domestically
- Ability and comfort with unusual working conditions: long hours; limited or exaggerated physical movement; lack of facilities
- Must be able to maneuver or travel long distances while carrying and using photographic field equipment, including ancillary technical equipment
- Must be able to physically lift and carry between 25 and 50 lbs. of technology and photographic equipment on a regular basis
The majority of this role is in the events space, please provide examples of your event photography.
Covid-19 Company Statement:
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which Getty Images will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing has been mandated by the Biden administration and that mandate applies to our US workforce. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Who We Are:
Getty Images is a preeminent global visual content creator and marketplace. Through Getty Images, iStock, and Unsplash, we offer a full range of content solutions to meet the needs of any customer—no matter their size—around the globe.
Getty Images encompasses the largest and best path to market for visual creators through their premier brands including its core, Getty Images; iStock, a value offering of creative stills and videos providing a significant volume of exclusive content to small and medium-sized businesses; and Unsplash, a free offering of creative stills servicing the fast-growing and broad-based creator economy.
Help us move the world with images! Bringing award-winning imagery to everyone, Getty Images has customers in almost every country in the world, with websites in 23 languages, bringing the world’s best content to media outlets, advertising agencies and corporations, small businesses and increasingly, direct to consumers.
Getty Images works with over 496,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport, and entertainment events around the globe. With over 495 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allow our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behavior and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or submitting an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment that celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.