Senior SEO Strategist - Work From Home
Product – SEO /
For 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion-dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world, whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 405 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 330,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. Getty Images is a world leader in visual content. With over 405 million assets, of which over 285million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives and experience. We believe diversity is critical to our mission to objectively reflect the world we live in and allow our customers to illustrate that world. This means including a diverse range of voices in our content, actively pursuing diversity in our team and sources of content and listening to our customers to make sure we are as open and responsive as possible.
Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is looking for a forward thinking and driven Senior SEO strategist. This role reports to the Senior Manager of SEO and the VP of SEO, aligning to the Chief Product Officer under the CTO.
Who You Are:
You love the challenge of piecing together a story from data and creating actionable insights. You get a thrill out of partnering with cross-functional teams like technology, product, e-commerce and social media in order to implement SEO initiatives. You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where your passion for creative problem solving shines. You are a curious, analytical and highly motivated self-starter who wants to grow your SEO expertise with a global Enterprise brand.
Your Next Challenge:
The Senior SEO Strategist is responsible for supporting the tactical SEO activities required to meet GettyImages.com and iStockPhoto.com business objectives, increasing Orders and Revenue from meaningful traffic via the Organic Search channel. The ideal candidate collaborates well with cross-functional teams, has a love of leveraging big data and analytics, uses data to tell stories and drive impactful change and is an internal ambassador for the SEO team.
- Leading SEO projects including business case creation, requirements gathering, kickoff, development, testing, launch, re-analysis and KPI performance
- Be able to clearly communicate requirements to both tech-savvy and nontechnical stakeholders
- Research and analyze industry changes/developments in search engine optimization and image search across multiple channels and programs
- Analyze and diagnose technical site issues that impact SEO
- Provide direction and training to content teams on generating highly-creative, onbrand content that gets traction and noticed
- Create and present written recommendations, reports, and presentations
- Train internal teams to embed SEO into the fabric of their day to day work
- Technical and Content SEO expertise
- Demonstrate knowledge of crawling and indexation factors
- Exhibit knowledge of page rendering and load speed factors
- Strong understanding of on-site and off-site organic search ranking factors
- Ability to perform advanced keyword research using large, diverse data sets
- Ability to use advanced web analytics
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Business or related field, or equivalent real-world experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in SEO, content creation and web development or web analytics
- Experience in Content Marketing and creating improved contextual relevance for Enterprise websites at scale
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of search engine crawling, indexation and ranking factors
- Daily experience in Google Search, Screaming Frog Spider, Google Search Console and Google Analytics a must
- Valuable skills in Botify, Conductor Searchlight, rank tracking tools, site health / crawl monitoring tools a plus
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and GSuite (Slides, Sheets, Docs)
- Ability to create meaningful business reports and tell stories with data
- Experience with SQL or other databases and Python or other scripting languages a plus but not a requirement
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
- Trustworthiness, Transparency, and Openness
- Raise the Bar
- Lead by Example
- One Voice
- Bring Me Solutions
- No Silos
- The Obligation to Care
Due to the current conditions and impact of Covid-19, this position will work from home.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.