Editorial Event Support Technician - Los Angeles (14261)
Los Angeles /
Editorial – Editorial Operations /
Covid-19 Company Statement:
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which Getty Images will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Who We Are:
For over 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 360,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. With over 440 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allows our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
Who You Are:
Getty Images Inc. is looking for an Editorial Event Support Technician who enjoys working across the entire life cycle of projects to provide technical support either onsite or remotely for our coverage of events nationally and internationally.
The mission of the Editorial Event Support team at Getty Images Inc. is to work with photographers, editors, external vendors and event organizers to ensure smooth and quick delivery of images to our customers.
Your Next Challenge:
You will join a team of highly collaborative and curious technicians who are comfortable working within a diverse set of environments, and willing to take initiative on their ideas. You are ready to take on the challenge of setting up and running technology in non-traditional environments at the largest sporting, entertainment, and news events around the globe.
As a member of the team, you will work to troubleshoot and resolve the inevitable technical issues that happen during live events.
You will have the opportunity to continuously evaluate and provide guidance on the use of new technologies for improvements on imagery delivery.
What You'll Need:
- The position requires technical skill in, among others, the following areas:
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networks and other data communication technologies
- Network cabling
- Wired and wireless communications
- RF communications principles
- Use of fiber optics
- AC/DC wiring
- Computer hardware repair
- RAID array technology
- VMware ESXi
- A thorough understanding of Windows and Mac OS environments
- FTP and software for transferring of files
- You possess a working knowledge of Cloud services and tools. You are comfortable with using tools such as ClickUp, Slack, and Lucidchart.
- You have the agility to handle the constantly changing flow of traffic. This includes the ability to remain productive during slow times, to multitask effectively during lively times, and to exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations
- You have a friendly presence and helpful attitude as well as strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others.
Nice to Have:
- The successful candidate will be familiar with the software and hardware commonly used in digital imaging workflow and could troubleshoot and resolve problems in these areas. This role requires an out of the box problem solver.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university, 4+ years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding or desire to learn advanced computer/IT skills, including thorough understanding of networking, subnets, and IP configuration.
- You are able to work independently and in a team environment with fellow technicians, photographers, and editors. Also able to collaborate with Operations, Technology, and other teams.
- You possess the ability to problem solve and take initiative. You have the flexibility to tackle additional projects.
What You Can Expect: (Physical and Mental Demands & Requirements)
- In the position, you will need to be comfortable with working long hours and not always having a traditional work schedule as events sometimes happen over holidays and weekends.
- You will be required to have a valid US Driver’s license as you will be needing to drive to the event locations.
- You currently possess or can obtain a passport. Extensive travel is required, both domestically and internationally.
- You’re ready to work on location for extended periods of time to ensure successful coverage of events.
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information. (Required)
- Occasionally moving objects up to 50 lbs and frequently moving objects up to 20 lbs.
- Occasional sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc. (Required)
- Frequent repetition of motions and gestures that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers. (Required)
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment. (Required)
- Occasionally operating of machinery, technology and/or power tools.
- Occasionally performing role functions in a loud and noisy environment.
- Occasionally performing role functions in outdoor elements that may involve low temperatures, high temperatures, precipitation, snow and wind.
- Occasionally performing role functions in presence of bright, flashing lights.
Due to the current conditions of Covid-19, this key position provides flexibility to work from home. Please note this role does require traveling.
Benefits at Getty Images
We provide Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance for you and your family. We partner with Meritain (An Aetna Company), and CVS Caremark to provide you with two options for medical coverage - a POS plan and an HSA-qualified (Health Savings Account) Plan. The POS plan comes with a $200 per year Getty Images contribution to an FSA account. If you enroll in the HSA plan, Getty Images will give you $1400-$2400 per year to spend on any qualified health expenses. Dental insurance is available through Delta Dental. Vision Insurance is available through VSP. All full-time employees working at least 25 hours per week will become eligible for health benefits the 1st of the month following their date of hire. Contributions to health care accounts are prorated based on the date of hire. For more information on these benefits, you may request an electronic copy of our Benefits Guide.
Time off Work/life balance is important to us
We provide flexible time off and 10 sick days each calendar year. Additionally, we pay 4 weeks of fully-paid Parental Leave for new parents, with primary caregivers eligible for an additional 8 weeks of fully-paid leave.
Company Paid Holidays
Employees enjoy company-paid holidays for each of our global locations.
Disability and Life Insurance
We automatically enroll and pay for Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D) up to 2 times your annual salary. We also provide you with fully paid Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
Employee Assistance Program
Employees have access to free, confidential assistance for everyday problems such as stress management, financial coaching, marital or family issues, substance abuse, occupational problems, and referrals for legal, childcare, and eldercare services. Employees can seek additional discounts on other wellness activities such as travel, gym memberships, and sports! Through our EAP services, employees are also eligible for 3 free counseling visits and life coaching sessions.
Start saving for retirement! Getty Images matches up to 4% of your deferred compensation, with immediate vesting – that means all of Getty Images employer match money is automatically yours – with no waiting period!
Learning & Growth
We value continuous learning and development to help everyone develop their skills. Enjoy mentorship, curated training & more.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behaviour and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.