HR Business Partner EMEA (French Speaking) - London (15920)
London / Dublin
Human Resources – HR Business Partner - EMEA /
Fixed Term /
HR Business Partner EMEA (French speaking)
Duration: 6 month Fixed Term Contract
Location: London or Dublin
Workstation: Hybrid (Less than 50% in the office)
French speaking HR Business Partner EMEA, London, UK
- This role is a six-month fixed term contract position, working as the Human ResourcesBusiness Partner for Getty Images EMEA. You will need to have a fluency in French (verbal and written) to be considered for this opportunity.
- This role will support all EMEA country needs, with specific focus on our French and German markets.
- The role will also provide ad-hoc support to theEMEA Sales and Global Customer Success functions and provide country level expertiseacross EMEA.
- In this role, you will report to the Director, HR Business Partner.
- If you are excited to join an industry leader and a passionate, hardworking, inclusive, dedicated HR team, this is the role for you.
- In this role you will actively contribute to Getty Images’ company objective of being the best place you have ever worked, helping us to continue to create this experience for our employees
Who You Are:
- You have experience working in a US based company, supporting German and French employees, specifically the employment laws and Workers’ Council support, while having also worked with other Europe-based employees and are excited about the opportunity to learn more about our other global regions. You are a hardworking, highly driven, empathetic, process and solution minded, experienced, and forward-thinking HR Business Partner. You actively model our Leadership Principles, bringing them to the forefront of your work and interactions. You are pragmatic and innovative in your approach and not afraid to challenge the established norms, acting as a true partner on our global HR team.
- You have broad experience with a comprehensive grasp of German and French employment law, while able to support an EMEA team and understand the nuances across different cultures. Also, the ability to help manage employee relations, and build positive relationships across our HR verticals (Rewards, Culture, Development, HRIS, Benefits, and Recruitment teams). Additionally, you want to roll up your sleeves and move work forward. You have a passion to provide the best employee experience for employees, including meeting with, understanding their needs and requests, and being able to provide compliant responses that minimize risk for the employees and Getty Images. You are excited to be a partner and source of knowledge to the other HR Business Partner and various HR Functions.
- Additionally, you have experience business partnering, having worked in a role where understanding the business is critical to your own success. You will partner with multiple managers across several functions; coaching them on varying topics such as performance management, talent mapping, diversity, inclusion and well-being initiatives. Success is when you can see HR programs, policies, and initiatives grow and move forward contributing to the success of our business. You are enthusiastic to help build HR processes and have the desire to continue to support our evolution and growth by working on project-based initiatives.
Your Next Challenge:
- Own the country specific employment process in our German and French markets, along with broad based EMEA country support across eight additional countries.
- Ability to explain German and French employment law practices and partner with other HRBPs in the team to ensure all employees are being treated fairly and consistently within the EMEA laws and company practices.
- Partners with your manager and various functional groups in defining needs and objectives in areas such as employee relations, retention, performance management, salary review, employee engagement, training, diversity and inclusion.
- Provides coaching, constructive challenge and advice to managers and staff in relation to employee relations, specifically related to country regulations and expectations.
- Participates in planning and facilitating of new hire orientation, onboarding, and employee programs in partnership with the global HR team.
- Partners to support German and France, including communications, answering employee questions, understanding local and regional needs, and connecting these needs back to the overall organization.
- Suggests new procedures and policies to continually improve efficiency of the HR department and organization, and to improve employee experience.
- Partners with HR centres of excellence (Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, Payroll, Culture & Development, HR Business Partners) on workflows, process improvements, projects and solutions, such as the bi-annual employee engagement and performance management cycle.
- For your regions and various business functions, help to coordinate global HR workflows, including offboarding, immigration, relocation, morale, well-being,leave of absence, etc.
- Navigates, submits process tasks, pulls reports and analyzes data in the human capital management software system, Workday and employee engagement survey system. Guide others, including HR team members, managers and employees in learning and using Workday.
- Maintains compliance with local French and German employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Able to navigate employees concerns that may arise in France and Germany, and throughout EMEA, including following our grievance and disciplinary process; also able to work with other HR business partners to guide them through these processes.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory and changes in human resources and employment law.
What You'll Need:
- Working knowledge of French and German employment laws and regulations; ability to support employee questions and look for solutions.
- Broad based EMEA HR knowledge.
- Demonstrative relevant HR business partnering and/or management expertise.
- European language skills (English (required), French (required),German (preferred).
- Ability to balance the process and policies with the principles of Getty Images.
- Bachelors’ or Masters in HR Management or related field / educational experience.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
- Profiency in Workday desired.
Benefits for qualifying employees at Getty Images
Private Medical Insurance (PMI)
Private Medical Insurance through Cigna is designed to give you access to medical care where and when you need it. The scheme covers the costs of private medical treatment for consultations, out-patient, in-patient and day-care treatment in accordance with the benefit limits and rules set out in the policy. All employees are automatically covered from the date they join. Individual cover is 100% Getty Images paid, and there is also the option to add your spouse and dependents to the policy at an additional cost.
Time off Work/life balance is important to us
In addition to public holidays, Getty Images offers 25 paid holidays per year.
Company Paid Holidays
Employees enjoy company-paid holidays for each of our global locations.
Life Assurance, Critical Illness and Income Protection
We automatically enroll all new employees in our risk coverage schemes, with Getty Images paying 100% of the cost. We provide you with Group Life Assurance (x4 salary), Critical Illness Cover (x1 salary) and Income Protection (75% salary).
Employee Assistance Programme
Our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) is provided by Health Assured. This is a free, confidential, service available to all employees 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year
Group Personal Pension (GPP)
Save for retirement with Aviva by making contributions consistently and conveniently through payroll deductions. Getty Images automatically enrolls all employees at 3% of your pay, with Getty Images contributing 5% of your pay. You have the option of increasing how much you contribute and benefit from tax and NI savings by contributing via salary sacrifice.
Learning & Growth
We value continuous learning and development to help everyone develop their skills. Enjoy mentorship, curated training & more.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is a preeminent global visual content creator and marketplace. Through Getty Images, iStock, and Unsplash, we offer a full range of content solutions to meet the needs of any customer—no matter their size—around the globe.
Getty Images encompasses the largest and best path to market for visual creators through their premier brands including its core, Getty Images; iStock, a value offering of creative stills and videos providing a significant volume of exclusive content to small and medium-sized businesses; and Unsplash, a free offering of creative stills servicing the fast-growing and broad-based creator economy.
Help us move the world with images! Bringing award-winning imagery to everyone, Getty Images has customers in almost every country in the world, with websites in 23 languages, bringing the world’s best content to media outlets, advertising agencies and corporations, small businesses and increasingly, direct to consumers.
Getty Images works with over 516,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport, and entertainment events around the globe. With over 520 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allow our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behavior and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experiences
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or submitting an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment that celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.