Data Scientist - Marketing
New York /
Marketing – Data Science /
Who We Are:
For 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world, whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 405 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 330,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. Getty Images is a world leader in visual content. With over 405 million assets, of which over 285million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives and experience. We believe diversity is critical to our mission to objectively reflect the world we live in and allow our customers to illustrate that world. This means including a diverse range of voices in our content, actively pursuing diversity in our team and sources of content and listening to our customers to make sure we are as open and responsive as possible.
Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Who you are:
Getty Images is looking for individuals that enjoy leveraging new and traditional Machine Learning methods to help turn large-scale business data into actionable insights.
The mission of the Data Science team at Getty Images Inc. is to leverage internal and third-party data to inform other groups on how to interact with its customer base. We achieve this goal by 1) building automated solutions that apply best-in-class Machine Learning and Engineering practices and 2) continuous interactions with stakeholders to identify critical needs that deliver results relevant to the business.
As a Data Scientist at Getty Images, you will have end-to-end autonomy and ownership of your projects, and will work cross-functionally with other business units to uncover new opportunities for business growth. You will rely on both analytical and statistical methods to identify causal effects and confounding factors, and will leverage those insights to recommend how to put the relevant data into action.
Your next challenge:
You will join a growing team of highly-collaborative and curious Data Scientists and Data Engineers. As a member of the team, you will have the chance to interact with key business stakeholders and leadership to define the biggest area of opportunities and accelerate the delivery of a robust portfolio of Data Science models. You will be responsible for the analysis and visualization of both large and small data across Getty Images, and for using that work to help us build better data-driven plans across Marketing, Sales and Product.
Your primary goal will be to help extract insights and unlock value from customer data through the rigorous application of statistical and Machine Learning methods. You will have the opportunity to interact with the entirety of Getty Images data and technology stack, and your work will be used to improve the efficiency of Marketing investments as well as to ensure correct execution and interpretation of experiments.
You will be responsible for the communication of findings across all levels (within the team, business stakeholders, and leadership), and will collaborate with engineers to build and maintain reliable data pipelines. You will be responsible for writing rigorous code and will interact with the entirety of Getty Images technology stack to build and maintain a production-level data ecosystem that tackles challenging large-scale data problems.
We value learning and development, and you will be given every opportunity to work on projects that excite you. You will have the opportunity to sit at the intersection of Engineering, Marketing, Product and Leadership to inform, influence, support, and execute on key decisions.
What you’ll need:
- A Ph.D. or MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics/Econometrics, Sociology, Natural Sciences or any other equivalent quantitative project is preferred. If you are self-taught and believe you are a good fit for this role, or have significant work experience, we would love to hear from you as well.
- Proven experience of having worked hands-on as a Data Scientist, preferably in a product or customer-focused organization.
- Proficiency in Machine Learning, statistical modeling and/or data mining, and a good understanding of the real-world advantages and drawbacks of various Machine Learning techniques.
- Strong working knowledge in Python (preferred) or R, along with experience working within the Hadoop ecosystem and standard tools such as Git, bash and SQL. Knowledge of Spark, Looker, Snowflake and AB testing methodology is also a big plus.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and orally), and a proven ability to comfortably produce written reports and present findings to stakeholders.
- Ability to independently execute on a project, from ideation to delivery to stakeholders, and can pro-actively interact with other engineers at Getty Images to access necessary resources or data.
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Occasionally moving objects up to 20 lbs and frequently moving objects up to 10 lbs.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
- Trustworthiness, Transparency, and Openness
- Raise the Bar
- Lead by Example
- One Voice
- Bring Me Solutions
- No Silos
- The Obligation to Care
Due to Covid-19, this position will work from home.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.