Assignment Editor, Sport - Mexico City (15906)
Editorial – Editorial /
The Sports Assignment Editor plans and executes our sport coverage across many different leagues and teams. You will be working directly with the Director of Operations and Senior Manager of Assignments & Operations along with other assignment editors to continue delivering on our current commitments and growing our coverage, everything from a one-off single day event to a multi-week event spanning multiple cities and venues. You’ll work closely with our staff of 30 photographers and our hundreds of freelance photographers and editors. You exhibit professionalism and have a proven track record of maintaining a client-focused perspective, representing the company with your strong presentation and public speaking skills in both English and Spanish.
Your Next Challenge:
- Plan and execute event coverage, start to finish. This includes planning, credential requests, event creation, photographer relations and league/team relations.
- Continue to build our photographer relationships, old and new.
- Work to grow our coverage where possible.
- Compile and provide analysis of data regarding coverage and usage.
- Represent the company in your local market.
- Utilize strong communication skills both within our company and to external contacts.
- Develop partnerships with various industry related organizations and athletes.
- Foster relationships in a strong team environment internally and externally.
- Participate in mentorship of other team members and industry professionals.
What You'll Need:
- The ability to stay organized.
- You are fluent in English and Spanish. Ability to speak Portuguese will be appreciated.
- Background in and well-established relationships within the industry working with and for different organizations including sports leagues, public relations, teams and organizations.
- A minimum three years’ experience in the industry.
- Strong/expert/masterful sense of editorial integrity as defined in our Editorial Standards https://www.gettyimages.com/company/editorial-policy
- Ability to work weekends when needed.
- Possess superb people skills.
- Equivalent undergraduate degree or requisite experience.
- The ability to travel, domestically and internationally, at times. This includes a valid passport.
- Bring a perspective on underrepresented communities and strive to provide diverse content to broaden representation shown through visual arts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with heavy use of Excel/Word/Outlook.
- Proficiency in Photoshop/Photo Mechanic (Photography/image editing are not a requirement but a plus.)
Who We Are:
Getty Images is a preeminent global visual content creator and marketplace. Through Getty Images, iStock, and Unsplash, we offer a full range of content solutions to meet the needs of any customer—no matter their size—around the globe.
Getty Images encompasses the largest and best path to market for visual creators through their premier brands including its core, Getty Images; iStock, a value offering of creative stills and videos providing a significant volume of exclusive content to small and medium-sized businesses; and Unsplash, a free offering of creative stills servicing the fast-growing and broad-based creator economy.
Help us move the world with images! Bringing award-winning imagery to everyone, Getty Images has customers in almost every country in the world, with websites in 23 languages, bringing the world’s best content to media outlets, advertising agencies and corporations, small businesses and increasingly, direct to consumers.
Getty Images works with over 541,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport, and entertainment events around the globe. With over 538 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with over 10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allow our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or submitting an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment that celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.