Senior Business Analyst, Business Intelligence
Financial Planning and Analysis – Business Intelligence /
NOTICE: Please be aware that Getty Images has been the target of a phishing campaign. If you receive an invitation to interview for a position from an individual claiming to be an HR Manager or Recruiter, validate that their email address ends in @gettyimages.com. No one from Getty Images will contact you without this specific email address. Additionally, if anyone asks you to contact them with Telegram, please be advised we do not use this tool for our recruiting process and you should disregard these requests. If you are connected by any of these individuals, please do not provide any information and report them immediately to LinkedIn. As a reminder, all career opportunities can be found here.
Senior Business Analyst, Business Intelligence
Location: North America - Remote Hybrid
Who You Are:
The Business Intelligence team at Getty Images are seeking an individual who is passionate about analytics. An advocate of data driven decision making, experienced in surfacing insights and bringing understanding to sophisticated business issues, innovative in identifying solutions and presenting recommendations on how to optimize and advance in support of strategic objectives.
In this role you will be a key strategic business partner collaborating closely with Product Managers and other senior collaborators, including our executive team, forming an integral part of major business initiatives where your influence will make a significant impact to the success of the business.
Success in this role will require the right combination of intellectual curiosity and entrepreneurial sense to identify truth within extensive amounts of data and noise with speed and efficiency. Someone who thrives working with large, sometimes complex data sets, converting raw data into meaningful information. Someone who is adaptable and eager to learn, being highly organized and hard-working is critical. The ideal candidate should feel at home in the grey area of analytics, having the end-to-end skills to compile data in novel ways, ultimately translating this data into concrete insights.
Your Next Challenge:
- The Senior Business Analyst operates as a strategic partner to Primary Stakeholders in Getty Images’ Product, Ecommerce and Executive teams, as well as supporting Sales, Marketing, Business Development and the broader business in other key initiatives. Collaborating directly with Executive and Senior Management level colleagues to help understand and answer the hardest questions and challenges the business faces. The role will be deeply involved in developing data models to outline risk, opportunity, and optimization opportunities for the business to evaluate. In addition, the role will be responsible for monitoring business performance, diagnosing key drivers and causation, evaluating the relative merits or limitations of possible options, communicating recommendations on how to best address and react, and finally supporting the execution of decisions.
- Investigate and report key business indicators to the leadership team with a focus on decision-driving analytics, communicating useful insights.
- Perform ad hoc analysis to investigate business performance and trends, with a focus on Product performance, adoption and utilization, and ecommerce activity.
- Modeling business initiatives and proposals to understand opportunity and risk.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers, through cohort analyses and segmentation, to uncover insights and inform acquisition, retention and cross/upsell strategies.
- Complete growth strategies as a core member of multiple workstreams formed into cross-functional teams including product managers, product owners and designers, sales and marketing, user experience and beyond.
- Participate in strategic and tactical planning initiatives that shape business objectives.
What You Will Need:
- 2+ years of transferable experience in a highly analytical field, specifically consulting, finance, business or product analytics.
- Must have strong hands-on experience using SQL to extract and manipulate data, working with large datasets in Hive or other cloud-based Data Warehouse tools like Snowflake/Presto/Qubole/EMR/Hue preferred.
- Advanced Excel modeling skills are essential.
- Experience with business analysis and working with product owners in a fast-paced environment, working both independently and collaboratively to discover and propose relevant solution objectives and requirements.
- Ability to analyze and decompose problem statements, distilling these into clearly defined requirements.
- A confident and effective communicator, with experience and comfort addressing and collaborating with senior partners.
- Ability to impart complex information in an easily digestible form, to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A flexible and curious attitude, open to new things and able to propose innovative ideas, able to work creatively and analytically in a time-limited, problem-solving environment.
- Experience with subscription products or background in e-Commerce businesses would be advantageous.
- Experience with pricing analytics is preferred.
- Experience with Google Analytics or other web analytics tools is not required but a plus.
- Experience developing reports with data visualization tools like Looker also a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Business, Data Science, or another highly quantitative subject area preferred. Commiserate experience will be considered.
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Occasionally moving objects up to 20 lbs and frequently moving objects up to 10 lbs.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
Covid-19 Company Statement:
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which Getty Images will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing has been mandated by the Biden administration and that mandate applies to our US workforce. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Who We Are:
For over 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 360,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. With over 440 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allows our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behaviour and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.