Manager, Public Relations - North America (14444)
New York /
Marketing – Communications /
Several false job solicitations are circulating via email and social media purporting to be official Getty Images communications. While our staff may initially contact you via social media if your experience is relevant to a posted role, we will never issue job offers or request personal financial information via social media. Further, all outreach will include the Getty Images’ employee email and phone contact. As a reminder, all career opportunities can be found here.
Covid-19 Company Statement:
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which Getty Images will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing has been mandated by the Biden administration and that mandate applies to our US workforce. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Who We Are:
For over 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 360,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. With over 440 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allows our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
Getty Images is looking for a Manager, Public Relations. This is an exciting opportunity to join a lean, upbeat, hard-working, and hands-on global team of communications professionals charged with elevating the brand, products and services of Getty Images and iStock.
Who You Are:
A creative communications professional keen to work on impactful, meaningful campaigns within a purpose-led organization. You have experience leading on successful public relations and corporate communications initiatives both with business and media/marketing/advertising media.
You are passionate about storytelling and relish the challenge to showcase Getty Images and iStock as the leaders in visual communications, harnessing the power of imagery and technology to continually innovate and move the world.
You have strong existing media contacts and are committed to excellence in your writing and day-to-day interactions and responsibilities. You can effectively manage long- and short-term objectives whilst hijacking breaking news and daily developments to position iStock and Getty Images as the top industry thought leaders. An ability to multi-task and balance competing priorities from across the business is essential.
You will lead public relations and CSR activity in the US, helping to build and implement communications campaigns by ensuring that journalists and other key audiences understand our business objectives. You are an extraordinary storyteller and will help identify how, when and to which audiences to engage. A creative self-starter who inspires confidence.
You can navigate the demands of working for a fast-moving, complex global organization with diverse constituencies, and are forward thinking and able to create and cultivate innovative PR opportunities. You thrive in a lively environment that is rarely the same from one week to the next. You’re a great teammate working well as part of a global small but mighty PR team yet are comfortable working independently as the PR lead for the US market.
Your Next Challenge:
- Devise and deliver US public relations and CSR strategies for Getty Images & iStock.
- Lead and work closely with external PR agencies to develop highly effective and measurable media, influencer and industry relations strategies in the US.
- Directly interact and establish relationships with journalists, media outlets, industry peers, and other external partners to drive thought-leadership and brand awareness
- Differentiate Getty Images and iStock from our competitors via innovative storytelling which raises awareness of our position as industry leader and drives greater understanding of our full range of products and services to key audiences – both media/marketing/advertising and business press.
- Develop cross-functional partnerships with colleagues from different teams across the company, in different countries and time zones, to develop and reinforce our positioning and presence in media.
- Consistently deliver excellent written communications.
- Create and drive PR strategies around regional industry events.
What You Will Need:
- BA in Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a comparable PR/communications for a multi-national, creative, media or PR agency.
- Established relationships with press and key industry professionals.
- Creative and compelling writer with strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills including budget management.
- Clever, innovative personality. Appetite for an exciting opportunity; ready to roll up your sleeves and dig in!
- A self-starter, able to run with projects with (at times) minimal direction
- Great relationship-building skills and the ability to work within a team environment across different time zones.
- Experience managing (or working within) an external PR agency, coupled with the ability to complete media activity directly without agency support.
- Flexible, adaptable and open: able to juggle multiple projects at once and unfazed by change whenever it happens.
- Proven track record in redefining business initiatives, announcements and ideas into PR opportunities and coverage in diverse media.
- Experience working with senior management.
- Crisis and issues management.
What You Can Expect (Mental and Physical Demands):
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Some travel, internationally and domestically
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; the time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Frequent repetition of motions and gestures that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behaviour and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.