Creative Insights Researcher (13491)
Creative – Creative Content /
For 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion-dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world, whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 405 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 330,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. Getty Images is a world leader in visual content. With over 405 million assets, of which over 285million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives and experience. We believe diversity is critical to our mission to objectively reflect the world we live in and allow our customers to illustrate that world. This means including a diverse range of voices in our content, actively pursuing diversity in our team and sources of content and listening to our customers to make sure we are as open and responsive as possible.
Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Creative Insights Researcher (13491)
Location: Paris, France
Due to the current conditions and impact of Covid-19, this key position will initially work from home, until such a time when we return to our office.
Who You Are:
- You are passionate about the way imagery works. You are naturally interested in visual communication in all forms and love discussing the content that you come across. You are equal parts creative and analytical. You enjoy research and are comfortable sharing what you know with the world at large. You are highly organized and detail-oriented, able to manage the moving parts of multiple work streams operating simultaneously while still meeting deadlines. You are a creative problem-solver with the ability to quickly identify problems and work independently to find appropriate solutions. You have a pulse on what’s new and next in art and culture and are not afraid to share your insights and perspective with a multi-disciplinary creative team.
Your Next Challenge:
- Visual Analysis
- Create subject-area lightboxes in our proprietary content management system to support content analysis.
- Conduct qualitative visual analysis of multi-format creative content, identifying themes/patterns to determine content needs and opportunities.
- Interpret proprietary search and sales data to identify and anticipate directional shifts in customer interests and content needs.
- Work with Sales partners and Picture Research teams to collect and collate relevant customer feedback on creative content.
- Find and archive relevant tear sheets/swipes from marketing/advertising and related industry publications.
- · Mine external sources such as consumer research databases, world news, pop culture, advertising, fine art/photography for unique insights that will help internal and external partners understand how shifts in the global landscape will impact creative content.
- Support the broader Creative Insights team in synthesizing findings to be presented to internal and external audiences.
- Sales, Marketing & PR Support
- Partner with global and regional marketing teams to grow key accounts by providing insights on visual trends impacting their business.
- Write insightful thought-leadership pieces for the Getty creative insights website that positions creative offerings as cutting-edge, high quality and industry-leading.
- Assist and/or lead the creation of customer-facing presentations about harnessing visual trends to fuel powerful brand storytelling.
- Create themed image boards and compile related data for marketing, PR-teams and site merchandising to utilize throughout the year for promotion.
- Attend seminars, panel discussions and media interviews as needed.
- Contributor Communications
- Support Editors and Art Directors in shoot planning by providing context on visual trends and industry needs.
- Prepare presentations to disseminate visual trends to contributors in-person or virtually.
What You’ll Need:
- At least 5 years of experience in a related field (e.g., advertising/marketing, research, photography, video, etc.).
- Basic visual literacy with a broad understanding of photography as a medium, trends in popular culture (film, TV, music, art), global news, etc. Video/filmmaking knowledge is a plus, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex ideas to different audiences.
- Strong research and analytical skills, with the ability to synthesize and interpret large amounts of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Proven ability to manage multiple distinct projects at the same time.
- Positive, collaborative attitude with a passion for creative excellence.
- Ability to balance being a key partner, who is empathic towards their peers and seeks consensus, with being a strong advocate and champion for data-driven decision making.
- Experience thriving in a fast-moving, dynamic creative environment.
- Proficiency in relevant software applications, particularly Microsoft PowerPoint (and/or Keynote) and Excel.
- Fluent in French and English language.
Please also feel free to join our LinkedIn group in order to keep up to date with current vacancies and stories about life at Getty, and the organisation as a whole https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12178384/
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.