Senior Software Engineer (14975) - Canada (Remote)
Remote - Canada /
Technology – Enterprise Search /
Software Engineer - Canada (Remote)
Location: Canada (Remote)
Due to the current conditions of COVID-19, this key position will initially work from home, until such a time when we return to our office.
About the Team:
- The Search Team at Getty Images is responsible for building the search technology that empowers our customers to move the world with images. In order to meet the constantly evolving needs of our customers, we explore, develop, and deploy new AI/ML technologies, visual search algorithms, computer vision models, and new ranking techniques at scale.
Who You Are:
- Build scalable software solutions to delight our customers.
- Write and maintain high quality unit and integration tests.
- Form strong multi-functional relationships with engineering teams at Getty Images.
- Maintain focus on reliability, resiliency, and security.
Your Next Challenge:
- Experience building and operating sophisticated distributed systems at scale.
- Deep compassion for users and their business goals.
- Proven experience building and leading software engineering teams with a focus on
- Inclusion and diversity.
- Tenacity and the ability to balance exciting priorities across multiple multi-functional
- Orientation towards long-term impact as the yardstick for prioritization, but able to strike
- The right balance between short-term goals and longer-term vision.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Curiosity and pragmatism.
What You’ll Need:
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Proficient in C#, Java, or other object-oriented languages.
- Proven understanding of search algorithms and their practical applications.
- Hands-on experience with AWS Technologies (Such as Dynamo, ECS, EC2, S3).
- Experience with containers and container schedulers.
- Experience with SQL and No-SQL (Redis, Mongo, MemCache) in production
Nice To Have:
- Familiarity with the following Apache Projects:
- Knowledge or experience with FAISS , vector search, or NLP.
- Understanding and utilization of scripting languages such as Bash, Python and Ruby.
- Experience with CI/CD and Gitlab.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Splunk, Grafana, and Prometheus.
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Frequent repetition of motions and gestures that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers. (Required)
Due to the current conditions and impact of Covid-19, this key position will initially work from home, until such a time we open our offices. At the time of the local office opening, employees and managers will partner to determine the work site location in line with our Flexible working policy.
Benefits at Getty Images
Extended Health Insurance
We provide comprehensive health and dental benefits through Manulife Financial. Extended Health Care provides protection against the high cost of prescription drugs, medical supplies, and professional services not covered by your provincial health care plan. Dental coverage is provided at various percentages and includes preventative, restorative, endodontic and orthodontic services for adults and children. Premiums for employees and their families are 100% paid for by Getty Images. If you are uncertain about the medical diagnosis or the appropriate treatment, get a second opinion from a qualified physician who specializes in your specific medical issue through RBC Insurance’s Best Doctors. Getty Images provides this confidential benefit at no cost to you and no appointment needed.
Time off Work/life balance is important to us
We provide flexible time off
Company Paid Holidays
Employees enjoy company-paid holidays for each of our global locations.
Disability and Life Insurance
We automatically enroll and pay for Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D) up to 2 times your annual salary. We also provide you with fully paid Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
Employee Assistance Program
Employees have access to free, confidential assistance for everyday problems such as stress management, financial coaching, marital or family issues, substance abuse, occupational problems, and referrals for legal, childcare, and eldercare services. Employees can seek additional discounts on other wellness activities such as travel, gym memberships, and sports! Through our EAP services, employees are also eligible for 3 free counseling visits and life coaching sessions.
Start saving for retirement! Getty Images matches up to 3% of your deferred compensation, after 3 months of employment. Contributions are taken from your gross pay BEFORE payroll taxes are calculated resulting in a tax reduction.
Learning & Growth
We value continuous learning and development to help everyone develop their skills. Enjoy mentorship, curated training & more.
Covid-19 Company Statement:
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which Getty Images will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing has been mandated by the Biden administration and that mandate applies to our US workforce. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Who We Are:
Getty Images is a preeminent global visual content creator and marketplace. Through Getty Images, iStock, and Unsplash, we offer a full range of content solutions to meet the needs of any customer—no matter their size—around the globe.
Getty Images encompasses the largest and best path to market for visual creators through their premier brands including its core, Getty Images; iStock, a value offering of creative stills and videos providing a significant volume of exclusive content to small and medium-sized businesses; and Unsplash, a free offering of creative stills servicing the fast-growing and broad-based creator economy.
Help us move the world with images! Bringing award-winning imagery to everyone, Getty Images has customers in almost every country in the world, with websites in 23 languages, bringing the world’s best content to media outlets, advertising agencies and corporations, small businesses and increasingly, direct to consumers.
Getty Images works with over 496,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport, and entertainment events around the globe. With over 495 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allow our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behavior and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or submitting an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment that celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.