Technology – Search Editing /
For 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion-dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world, whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 405 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 330,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. Getty Images is a world leader in visual content. With over 405 million assets, of which over 285million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives and experience. We believe diversity is critical to our mission to objectively reflect the world we live in and allow our customers to illustrate that world. This means including a diverse range of voices in our content, actively pursuing diversity in our team and sources of content and listening to our customers to make sure we are as open and responsive as possible.
Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Search Editor role is responsible for both strategically developing and maintaining the controlled vocabulary that serves as the basis for global search of visual content and related search features, as well as engaging in building and maintaining automated, vendor-driven, and manual processes that directly impact the retrieval of content. In addition, this position utilizes various sources to develop and maintain Getty's Knowledge Graph, a knowledgebase of connected information that enhances Getty Image's industry leading search.
This role coordinates with various teams to investigate, plan, act, and report on tasks and projects, putting customer and data-driven impact work at the forefront of improving search for the global customer base.
- Use customer data to develop strategies and prioritization that maximizes how metadata may best serve global customer search within a varied and growing volume of content across the Getty Images sites.
- Generate and improve automated processes to strategically reduce the manual effort of internal users, contributors, and vendors with the aim of reducing time-to-market, improving search accuracy for our global customer base.
- Use customer data and trending sources to target, create, and modify terms within the Getty Images controlled vocabulary tools to support global customer search needs.
- Collaborate with and influence vendors, contributors, and content partners, using data as the base in conveying the 'why' and 'how' of metadata standards through the generation of metadata feedback, keyword trends and tips, and methodology documentation.
- Anticipate and respond to trending data sources, customer feedback, and internal feedback to improve search and workflows.
- Create and update knowledge graph relationships that directly impact the customer experience.
- Identify and communicate recommendations for process and tools improvements.
- Collaborate with team members and various business partners in documenting and distributing best practices, providing training sessions and methodology materials, and generating or collaborating on other materials and resources as needed.
- Provide feedback for impact-driven improvements to tools and workflows as needed, adapting to an evolving tool and resource suite.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3+ years’ experience working with information retrieval systems, focusing on the creation, maintenance, and/or application of complex taxonomies for information retrieval.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment of evolving workflows and tool development.
- Ability to multi-task, flexibly prioritizing many responsibilities while maintaining quality within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated understanding of web site search, vocabulary and keywording methodologies, and search systems within a commercial environment.
- Experience working within a customer-focused environment.
- Demonstrated visual literacy and description skills with an eye for detail.
- Ability to work successfully within a global team involving regular communication with team members in different time zones.
- Articulate written and verbal communicator.
- Understanding and appreciation of web customer visual information needs and search requirements.
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, and creative problem-solver.
- Self-motivated and highly organized individual.
- Computer proficiency with an aptitude for mastering software systems.
- Strong Microsoft Office application knowledge (MS Access, Excel)
- Knowledge of database and linked data querying (MS Access, SQL, SPARQL or similar query language).
- Knowledge of additional languages a plus.
Education and Certifications:
- Postgraduate degree in Information Sciences (Library and Information Science, Information Management, or equivalent) preferred.
- Trustworthiness, Transparency, and Openness
- Raise the Bar
- Lead by Example
- One Voice
- Bring Me Solutions
- No Silos
- The Obligation to Care
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
Due to the current conditions and impact of Covid-19, this position will work from home.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.