Supervisor, Credit & Collections (14171) - London
Finance and Accounting – Finance Operations /
Who We Are:
For over 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 360,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. With over 435 million assets, of which over 310 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allows our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
Supervisor, Credit & Collections - London
Due to the current conditions and impact of Covid-19, this key position will initially work from home, until such a time when we return to our office.
This role will see you supervising the Credit and Collections function in the collection of past due accounts and establishing credit terms for customers. You would be responsible for maximising efficiencies, organising work processes, methods and procedures, and working directly with the Sales organisation. The position also requires the ability to provide solutions within a set of policies and procedures, to tackle problems to the satisfaction of all parties, and as appropriate, to propose improvements to the existing policies and procedures.
You will have direct management responsibility of a team of Collectors and report to the Credit and Collections Manager
Who You Are:
- You are a Credit and Collections professional who enjoys working in a fast-paced, target driven environment. You adopt change and seek to find solutions to improve efficiency.
- If you can empower a team, are approachable and customer services orientated and are confident in making credit decisions this could be the role for you.
- You will report to the Credit and Collections Manager and work within an experienced and encouraging team.
Your Next Challenge:
- Supervises the Credit and Collection function of assigned territories
- Motivating and supporting the learning and development of your team
- Regular meetings with direct reports to include goal setting and performance reviews
- Drives increases in revenue and profits through receivables portfolio and credit management, dispute prevention/resolution, and achieving outstanding performance by working directly with the sales teams
- Improves efficiencies, prioritise work processes and procedures and automates procedures
- The focus of job responsibility is on the entire credit to sales/quote to cash process
- Helps establish work standards, develops objectives and assists in the implementation of special projects
- Lead a portfolio of selected accounts
- Assigns work to Leads and Specialists
- Reviews employee's work for accuracy and quality
- Recommends and implements agreed improvements to existing processes, procedures and systems
- Selects, trains and develops/counsels employees
- Management and maintenance of departmental processes and procedures in line with the internal control structure
- Maintains and implements credit policies and procedures
- Assists in Performing contract and sales reviews to ensure revenue recognition is appropriate
- Preparation, analysis and distribution of management reporting incorporating agreed Monthly Key Performance Indicator metrics (KPI's)
- Interacts with internal and external stakeholders
- Lead projects and assist with testing when required
What You'll Need:
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience within commercial Credit and Collections
- Significant progressive experience in commercial collections, preferably in a high-tech environment and first-party collections
- Track record of reducing aged debt and Days Sales Outstanding (DSO)
- Experience in setting and working towards targets and goals
- Ability to empower
- Proven leadership/supervisory experience
- Prior experience of making credit decisions
- Skilled in writing policies and procedures, evaluation processes and communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing
- A proactive and positive mentality
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in Spanish and Italian (preferred)
- Oracle systems experience (preferred)
- B.S./B.A. in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance (preferred)
- CICM qualified (preferred)
Education and Certifications
What You Can Expect: (Physical and Mental Demands & Requirements)
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information. (Required)
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; the Time of each will vary. (Required)
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc. (required)
- Frequent repetition of motions and gestures that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers. (Required)
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment. (Required)
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behaviour and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.