Credit and Collections Specialist - Calgary (15087)
Finance and Accounting – Revenue Operations /
Credit and Collections Specialist
Location: Seattle, Calgary, London, Buenos Aires
Who You Are:
You’re a highly organized and motivated individual. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and can multitask effectively. You’re able to work with sales peers globally to meet our customers’ needs related to credit requests and vendor form completion. You are confident in making decisions within guidelines and are able to provide justification for credit decisions. You strive to meet credit service level agreements and exceed collection key performance indicators. Because of your outstanding communication and collaboration skills, you’re often the go-to person for both your peers and business partners when credit and collection expertise is required. You are able to provide negative decisions while maintaining positive customer relationships and sales relationships. As the ideal candidate we require finance experience. This position reports to the Credit & Collections Manager.
Your Next Challenge:
- This position includes collecting outstanding receivables based on goals set due to automating collection activities. Able to reach cash collection goals while retaining valued customers. Ability to support sales and collection specialist(s) through bulk collection activities based on identified groups of special handling customers. Providing Sales insight into finance account status and collection activities. Handle credit and collections process for specific accounts, including reconciliations, analysis of account invoice status, reporting, driving the collection process, including potential assignment to an outside collection agency.
- Use critical-thinking skills to make decisions on a variety of credit and collections tasks. Communicates with customers in a professional and thoughtful manner for the purposes of solving all past due payment problems with expedience. Connect with internal customers and partners within and outside the finance department to provide status updates and requests for information.
- This position may be responsible for completing credit requests, provide credit terms, and approve credit limits, in support of sales. Review approved credit limits across hierarchy accounts in support of risk management. Give guidance and/or training to sales in support of completing all credit requests. Completion of Vendor forms and trade requests from customers. The ability to prioritize and maintain SLA's (service level agreements) for credit requests.
- Makes collections decisions based on credit reports, sales hierarchy, and customer history, in support of sales revenue. Provides strong customer service, communication, with sales and customers regarding account status. Build and provide credit & aging reports identifying customers beyond their credit limits or nearing their credit limits. This enables credit to proactively assess and apply credit increases, in support of sales goals.
- Performs various routine duties such as responding to e-mail requests from sales, customer e-mails, and running weekly aging reports. Build, update and maintain process documentation; use sales portal to respond to sales requests; support processing of invoices through customer portals. Collaborate with internal partners, accounts receivable, sales, review processes, implement improvements, in connection with credit processes.
What You Will Need:
- Minimum of 3 years shown experience in this field
- Knowledge of commercial credit and experience making credit decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; additional language skills desirable, especially Spanish & Portuguese
- Ability to communicate to multiple levels within the organization
- Critical thinking and problem -solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and initiative
- Sophisticated skills : Microsoft Office; Outlook; Excel; OneNote; Word; File Explorer
- Proficient in: CRM, Salesforce, Oracle
- Strong computer skills, with a good understanding of how databases work
- Customer service-oriented, while at the same time, able to meet the goals of the department
- Education in Accounting preferred or related relevant work experience
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Occasionally moving objects up to 20 lbs and frequently moving objects up to 10 lbs.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
Covid-19 Company Statement:
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which Getty Images will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing has been mandated by the Biden administration and that mandate applies to our US workforce. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Who We Are:
For over 27 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 360,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. With over 486 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allows our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behaviour and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.