Senior Director, Global Business Intelligence
New York /
Financial Planning and Analysis – Business Intelligence /
For 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion-dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world, whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 405 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 330,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. Getty Images is a world leader in visual content. With over 405 million assets, of which over 285million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives and experience. We believe diversity is critical to our mission to objectively reflect the world we live in and allow our customers to illustrate that world. This means including a diverse range of voices in our content, actively pursuing diversity in our team and sources of content and listening to our customers to make sure we are as open and responsive as possible.
Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images has the world’s most compelling visual content that helps our vast array of customers tell their story. Our data driven business is looking for a Senior Director of Business Intelligence to oversee a global team of 15 who work across our business to drive data driven insights, analysis and decisions. This position reports into the VP, Financial Planning and Analysis and will provide FP&A the support required to enable informed decisions, help identify risks and opportunities, and achieve financial and strategic objectives.
Who You Are:
You are energized by using data and your analytical mindset to tackle and make progress against complex and ambiguous business challenges and opportunities. Endlessly curious, you seek out kernels of insight and big “ah-ha’s” hidden in complex data sets. You see the patterns that indicate opportunity and can tell the story to help others see it too. Highly collaborative and an effective team leader, you are at ease incorporating new ways of considering a problem into your Team’s work to strengthen their analysis. You thrive managing a high profile, high performing team helping them to prioritize, develop professionally and drive bottom-line impact. You are comfortable working with multiple stakeholders and functions and have a demonstrated ability to interact at the executive level and effectively manage multiple, often simultaneous, high-priority projects in addition to recurring workstreams.
Your Next Challenge:
- Develop new and innovative ways of measuring and analyzing company performance to drive strategic objectives and growth; continue to elevate accessibility to and prioritization of data across the business
- Manage team’s creation and maintenance of accurate, timely reporting of key business metrics, data and trends across content, product, pricing, consumer insights, website analytics and competitive trends
- Support and advise Leadership team’s development and execution of strategic initiatives to mitigate risk and maximize return, leveraging data insights.
- Partner with the Global Product team in setting up, executing, and evaluating on-site A/B testing
- Ad hoc data projects related M&A activity and BOD-facing analysis as required
- Partner cross-functionally to inject data and insights into the Company’s annual planning process.
- Develop expertise in and stay current on developments in our competitive landscape
- Lead a high performing team with emphasis on partnering with the business, impacting business results and managing to an agreed upon prioritization ‘roadmap’. Focus on ongoing development of individual team members with a commitment to providing transparent feedback, setting clear expectations, driving accountability and proactively seeking out opportunities for the team to learn, grow and excel.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 10+ years of relevant and/or management experience in related field
- Demonstrated success managing high performing, geographically distributed team.
- Advanced knowledge using tools such as Snowflake, Hive, Presto, Qubole, Google Analytics, Python, and SQL strongly preferred
- Strong project management and planning skills- ability to adhere to rigid timelines, navigate multiple priorities and set realistic expectations with key stakeholders.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Experience both managing and performing analysis in a dynamic B2B market including but not limited to pricing, customer segmentation, product placement, and site analytics.
- Desire and ability to deliver insightful and actionable insights from large, complex datasets with only broad requirements
- Ability to guide your team towards delivering high quality, thoughtful output under time constraints
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Occasionally moving objects up to 20 lbs and frequently moving objects up to 10 lbs.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
- Trustworthiness, Transparency, and Openness
- Raise the Bar
- Lead by Example
- One Voice
- Bring Me Solutions
- No Silos
- The Obligation to Care
- Customer Focus
- Managing Performance
- Results Focus
Due to the current conditions and impact of Covid-19, this key Leadership position will work from home.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.