Principal Software Engineer, Enterprise Search (13740) - United States (Remote)
United States /
Technology – Enterprise Search /
Principal Software Engineer, Search - United States (Remote)
Location: United States (Remote)
Who you are:
- Getty Images has access to hundreds of millions of images; your job is to help customers identify and discover only the highest quality and most relevant content for their brand, campaign, or side-project. In the growing industry of on-site search, we apply visual intelligence, outstanding sorting and recommendation algorithms and natural language processing (NLP) to collect and manifest the style and concepts of our customer's search needs.
- This role requires utmost familiarity with the industry of Search and will allow you to lead with your passion and knowledge of search. We move the world with our imagery, and we want your help to drive this progress forward with relevance algorithms, image search, NLP! This role will work very closely with product management, content, data science, and senior technology leaders to deliver groundbreaking changes with speed and vitality, and will encourage those around them to set a higher standard and deliver impact.
Your Next Challenge:
- Work with the other Principal Engineer to lead the search engineering team to deliver innovative and customer-impacting products
- Identify and remove obstacles in the way from achieving the fastest path to value
- Be a phenomenal partner to multiple multi-functional groups, with a magnified focus on providing the best experience for our customers.
- Help establish and maintain a culture of quality and ownership for the search infrastructure.
- quickly deliver significant customer and business impact with search and AI/ML technologies.
What You'll Need:
- Commanding knowledge and experience working with large-scale search technologies, such as Solr and Elasticsearch
- Experience as a technical team leader
- Significant programming experience in a structured software development environment
- Significant experience designing, developing, and supporting large, enterprise class solutions
- Experience deploying cloud-hosted applications
- Ability to quickly and accurately estimate cost and effort needed to deliver a feature.
- B.S./B.A. in Computer Science or equivalent quantitative field
- Master’s Degree preferred
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Occasionally moving objects up to 20 lbs and frequently moving objects up to 10 lbs.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
$250,000 - $300,000 a year
The starting salary range for this position at time of posting is USD 250,000.00 to 300,000.00 Getty Images has different ranges in different locations within the US, and this range represents the starting base pay range. Actual compensation will depend on factors including but not limited to: qualifications, geographic location, skills, experience, certification, business needs, performance, and level of responsibility along with the requirements of the position. The company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any point in the future. Getty Images is committed to the health and well-being of its employees and benefits for full-time permanent employees may include participation in the company incentive program, equity, and benefits package which is inclusive of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid company holidays and time off, and paid parental leave. Visit our career site to learn more about our career opportunities and Diversity & Inclusion commitments.
Benefits at Getty Images
We provide Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance for you and your family. We partner with Meritain (An Aetna Company), and CVS Caremark to provide you with two options for medical coverage - a POS plan and an HSA-qualified (Health Savings Account) Plan. The POS plan comes with a $200 per year Getty Images contribution to an FSA account. If you enroll in the HSA plan, Getty Images will give you $1400-$2400 per year to spend on any qualified health expenses. Dental insurance is available through Delta Dental. Vision Insurance is available through VSP. All full-time employees working at least 25 hours per week will become eligible for health benefits the 1st of the month following their date of hire. Contributions to health care accounts are prorated based on the date of hire. For more information on these benefits, you may request an electronic copy of our Benefits Guide.
Time off Work/life balance is important to us
We provide a flexible time off policy. Additionally, we pay 4 weeks of fully-paid Parental Leave for new parents, with primary caregivers eligible for an additional 8 weeks of fully-paid leave.
Company Paid Holidays
Employees enjoy company-paid holidays for each of our global locations.
Disability and Life Insurance
We automatically enroll and pay for Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D) up to 2 times your annual salary. We also provide you with fully paid Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
Employee Assistance Program
Employees have access to free, confidential assistance for everyday problems such as stress management, financial coaching, marital or family issues, substance abuse, occupational problems, and referrals for legal, childcare, and eldercare services. Employees can seek additional discounts on other wellness activities such as travel, gym memberships, and sports! Through our EAP services, employees are also eligible for 3 free counseling visits and life coaching sessions.
Start saving for retirement! Getty Images matches up to 4% of your deferred compensation, with immediate vesting – that means all of Getty Images employer match money is automatically yours – with no waiting period!
Learning & growth
We value continuous learning and development to help everyone develop their skills. Enjoy mentorship, curated training & more.
Covid-19 Company Statement:
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which Getty Images will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing has been mandated by the Biden administration and that mandate applies to our US workforce. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Who We Are:
Getty Images is a preeminent global visual content creator and marketplace. Through Getty Images, iStock, and Unsplash, we offer a full range of content solutions to meet the needs of any customer—no matter their size—around the globe.
Getty Images encompasses the largest and best path to market for visual creators through their premier brands including its core, Getty Images; iStock, a value offering of creative stills and videos providing a significant volume of exclusive content to small and medium-sized businesses; and Unsplash, a free offering of creative stills servicing the fast-growing and broad-based creator economy.
Help us move the world with images! Bringing award-winning imagery to everyone, Getty Images has customers in almost every country in the world, with websites in 23 languages, bringing the world’s best content to media outlets, advertising agencies and corporations, small businesses and increasingly, direct to consumers.
Getty Images works with over 516,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport, and entertainment events around the globe. With over 520 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allow our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behavior and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experiences
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or submitting an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment that celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.