Design Strategist - Contract 6-9 Months
Product – Product Design /
Who We Are:
For 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world, whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 405 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 330,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. Getty Images is a world leader in visual content. With over 405 million assets, of which over 285million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives and experience. We believe diversity is critical to our mission to objectively reflect the world we live in and allow our customers to illustrate that world. This means including a diverse range of voices in our content, actively pursuing diversity in our team and sources of content and listening to our customers to make sure we are as open and responsive as possible.
Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Product Design and Research team at Getty Images is a diverse group of designers, writers and researchers charged with elevating the user experience for GettyImages.com and iStock.com through human-centered design. We are looking for a Design Strategist to support our new end-to-end experience team (E3) and help improve the customer experience across the entire customer journey. This is an awesome opportunity to help shape a new team, support our mission to put customers at the heart of what we do and make meaningful improvements for the benefit of our customers and the business.
Who You are:
- An experienced Design Strategist and/or Service Designer. Experience journeys, service blueprints and storytelling are what get you up in the morning.
- A strategic problem-solver. You consider multiple perspectives, objectives, and needs to arrive at the ideal solution. You’re business-savvy while keeping your users’ needs at the forefront of your designs.
- A successful juggler. You don’t get overwhelmed or flustered easily. You’re able to keep track of multiple projects at once, manage your time efficiently and communicate scheduling with your manager and the broader team.
- Passionate. You are genuinely interested in finding the pain points across a complex customer experience. You make it your business to know as much as you can about customers and their needs and make strategic recommendations based on their needs.
- Collaborative. You enjoy working on nimble teams. You’re a team player who puts the interest of the team above your own. You will collaborate with product managers, developers and design teams on research activities, strategy sessions, ideation, design, and testing of potential solutions.
- A proactive team player who is eager and excited about producing awesome work. No task is too small or large for you. You are able to work alone or with partners to solve problems and develop clear action and execution plans for a task, informing your manager of progress appropriately.
- A storyteller. You’re able to develop clear and persuasive stories about your work that you share with a wide range of audiences, including business partners and stakeholders. You’re able to present research findings and design concepts to designers and product partners.
- Detail Oriented. You impress your teammates with the ability to pick out small nuances that no one else seems to notice. You’re proud that your strategy artifacts are always pixel perfect and you’ve thought through every recommendation rigorously.
- Flexible. You know that projects can adjust at the drop of a hat, you are adaptable and welcome change.
- A master craftsperson. You dream about user flows, end-to-end service design, and customer insights.
What you’ll bring:
- Knowledge of human-centered design and UX practices. Use a range of methodologies (like design research, service blueprinting, collaborative workshop design and facilitation, rapid prototyping, and frame working) to strategically define ideal experiences.
- A portfolio which highlights strong understanding of User Experience Design including (but not limited to): service blueprints, user flows, journey mapping, and translating customer research, analytics, and insights into strategic artifacts.
- Constantly bring stakeholders along the design strategy journey, leveraging diverse perspectives and skillsets. In this role, you’ll use visual and verbal storytelling to share your discoveries, gather and integrate feedback, influence stakeholders, and create energy for customer problems and potential solutions.
- Ability to work from low fidelity to high fidelity.
- Ability to work collaboratively within cross-disciplinary teams, as well as ability to work independently.
- Ability to clearly communicate your design strategy recommendations with the team and craft elegant presentation and storytelling capabilities.
- Understanding of an Agile development process.
- Proficiency with current design and collaboration tools (PPT/Keynote, Figma, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in Design Strategy and core Service Design methods and processes
- At least 1 year of experience using Sketch or Figma
- At least 1 year of experience with prototyping tools
- At least 1 year of experience with Design Thinking, Lean UX, or similar framework that focuses on defining user needs early
- Master’s degree in a design related field
- Experience mentoring other designers
- Strong communicator and must be able to present ideas confidently
- Experience planning and facilitating workshops with cross-functional teams
- At least 5 years of experience working with medium to large teams
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
Please note, this is a 6-9 month Contract position and will work from home.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.