Director, Human Resources Operations & Project Management
Remote - United States /
Human Resources – HR Operations /
Who We Are:
For over 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 360,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. With over 435 million assets, of which over 310 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allows our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
Director, Human Resources Operations & Project Management (14035) - New York, USA
Location: Remote Working, USA
Due to the current conditions and impact of Covid-19, this key position will initially work from home, until such a time when we return to our office.
Who You Are:
- Are you a hardworking, highly driven, and forward-thinking HR Operations leader, pragmatic and in your approach and not afraid to challenge the established norms?
- If you want to play an integral role in designing, implementing, and optimizing employee enhancing global HR systems and processes, then this is the opportunity for you!
- You should have broad experience building and running an operations team, balancing the employee experience with business priorities and risks.
- You incorporate and role model our Leadership Principles.
- Can work cross-functionally and find solutions, thinking about global and local impacts, while building processes using critical thinking.
- You successfully lead cross-functional HR projects, setting timelines, establishing important metrics, and delivering on time while moving the team forward. You have strong attention to detail and can focus on a clear set of priorities informed by data.
- Success is establishing and streamlining efficient, scalable HR processes, ensuring employee data and HR information is accurate and readily accessible and HR projects are delivered on time.
- Proficient in and excel at leading change, building strong, trust-based relationships, and are a proven communicator.
- Working closely with HR Business Partners, Culture and Development, Talent Acquisition and Total Rewards leadership, tying in functional knowledge from functional SMEs to seamlessly deliver HR programs and processes throughout the employee lifecycle.
Your Next Challenge:
- Builds and evolves an HR Operations model, supporting all employees, transactions, and Tier 1 services. Centralize repeatable processes within HR Operations and centralize currently decentralized process to improve operations.
- Build and manage HR Operations team, own global operational processes, and data management (i.e. new hire, onboarding, leaves of absence, immigration, relocation, etc.), develop the team roadmap.
- Build strong relationships across the HR team and with key internal partners (FP&A, Legal, Technology) to develop and implement effective people processes around the entire employee lifecycle and experience (i.e., attract, recruit, develop, retain, separate).
- Build a process to ensure people data within the HR information systems is updated and accurate, making data accessible and easily understood; ensuring record keeping and reporting requirements are accurate and timely.
- Partner with the Senior People Insights Analyst on the production of significant people data insights and reporting, providing analysis on employee data.
- Responsible for ensuring people data integrity by performing audits and analysis.
- Defines and monitors service level agreements, contracts, metrics, and opportunities to improve efficiencies.
- Work with HR leadership team to understand HR initiatives with company-wide impact, build HR project or operational plans to execute against these projects.
- Lead project management efforts for HR-wide initiatives; excellent project management skills with a proactive approach; clear and concise communication, demonstrated ability to deliver results on time and within budget, influencing without authority to drive success.
- Own overall compliance calendar and expectations, ensuring employee Resource Guides (i.e., handbook) updated, necessary reports are prepared, including reports for auditors, state, provincial and federal compliance purposes. Partner with key individuals across the business.
- Drive process and customer service improvements and innovative solutions. Streamline processes using self-service, automation, and technology. Measure and manage to a high standard of customer service.
- Capability to translate between strategic business decisions and their operational implications, shifting from high-level critical thinking to hands-on implementation.
- Experience with leading a small team and/or highly visible, high impact cross-functional projects.
- Passionate about diversity and inclusion and how to apply fair principles and practices into HR operations programs and initiatives.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or proven experience.
- 10+ years of experience in Operations with a demonstrated track record of driving improvements for an operations function and employee experience; preferably within HR.
- 5+ years of leadership experience as a leader building, managing, and developing a team.
- Experience developing and implementing practical, business first operational systems, processes, and capabilities to support successful scaling in a high-growth global organization.
- Operational approach with deep analytical skills, working with large data sets, and extracting pragmatic business insights from analysis.
- Demonstrated PM experience and success in bringing cross-functional projects to completion preferably in a sophisticated, global environment.
- Can handle multiple priorities simultaneously and deliver within identified timelines.
- Experience streamlining complex and varied sets of HR data.
- Experience using technology solutions (preferably Workday) and ATS (preferably Lever) to improve operational efficiency.
- Advanced expertise with Excel, PowerPoint.
- Able to operate independently, using sound judgement to make decisions.
- Willingness to build solutions from scratch and can work within ambiguity.
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Occasionally moving objects up to 20 lbs. and frequently moving objects up to 10 lbs.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.