Brazilian Portuguese Speaking In-House Commercial Lawyer - Media Sector (London. Other Locations/Countries considered)
Legal – Corporate Counsel /
For 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion-dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world, whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 405 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 330,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. Getty Images is a world leader in visual content. With over 405 million assets, of which over 285million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives and experience. We believe diversity is critical to our mission to objectively reflect the world we live in and allow our customers to illustrate that world. This means including a diverse range of voices in our content, actively pursuing diversity in our team and sources of content and listening to our customers to make sure we are as open and responsive as possible.
Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Brazilian Portuguese Speaking In-House Commercial Lawyer in Media Sector
Location: Camden Town, London, UK (Due to COVID this role will be Home Based until we return to our offices). We would also welcome applicants from other locations/countries who fit the criteria.
Duration: 6 months initially
Start Date: January 2021
Who You Are:
- You are motivated, experienced, collaborative and confident working independently. You have an interest in creative works and the online ecosystem. You would like to work within a dedicated in-house legal team in the media industry, with responsibility for managing multiple tasks simultaneously in a quick moving environment. You enjoy the challenge of bringing solutions to the table, always with a positive attitude.
Your Next Challenge:
- Provide legal support to various business functions at Getty Images, with particular emphasis on:
- Partner with Sales colleagues to negotiate and implement a range of standardized and bespoke commercial licensing agreements.
- Maintain a suite of template sales agreement in Brazilian Portuguese language.
- Review and help prepare correspondence with third party claimants to resolve disputes in an efficient and professional manner.
- Work with external law firms in the defense of litigation, as well as gather evidence, research points of law and report internally.
- Interpret, prepare and manage legal documentation (e.g. contracts, legal correspondence, etc.) and other materials related to job duties.
- Provide appropriate legal guidance where needed as well as troubleshooting operational roadblocks.
- Simplify legal process for internal and external customers.
- Train internal customers and present to external customers on salient legal issues affecting Getty Images’ business.
- Exercise independent responsibility for partnering with the various other business teams across Getty Images, including: Finance, HR, Contributors & Partners, Data Security and Sales Operations.
- Take a coordinated approach with the global in-house legal team.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
o support of the Sales functions in Brazil, Portugal and UK; and
o assisting with handling of claims matters arising in Brazil,
all with regards to the B2B licensing of images and video.
What You’ll Need:
- Fluency in Brazilian Portuguese and English.
- Qualified lawyer in either Brazil, Portugal or another jurisdiction.
- Desired 4+ years post qualification relevant experience in either litigation or with general commercial legal matters.
- Experience at a large law firm and/or as in-house counsel, involved with licensing and/or disputes relating to intellectual property. Data protection and privacy law experience strongly preferred.
- Prior knowledge and experience negotiating and drafting contracts and agreements independently, with an excellent attention to detail.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to interact at all levels, internally and externally.
- Critical analysis skills related to identifying and solving problems in a busy corporate environment.
- Proficient working with range of online systems and processes.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work productively in an evolving environment.
- Self-starting and solutions-oriented team player.
- Maintains composure during tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Completes work with professionalism and with integrity.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.