Archival Search Editor - London
Product – Search Product /
Fixed Term Maternity
The Archival Search Editor is responsible for creating archival assets and ensuring the relevant searchability of all metadata content across archival content.
The Editor will support and improve archival search by manipulating and uploading large metadata files, using onsite archive resources and online research to create and upload complete metadata records, generating metadata feedback for partners and contributors, responding to queries to correct assets, and partnering with a global team in vocabulary and knowledge graph development.
The Archival Search Editor ensures work practices and feedback are always customer-focused with an aim of producing relevant and effective search.
YOUR NEXT CHALLENGE:
- Create metadata for new Archival assets, meeting deadlines and targets while adhering to Getty Images standards. Harvest and apply information based on details from original material, onsite resources, as well as online research.
- Review vendor, contributor, or image partner data. Adjust and prepare largescale data files for upload which are as aligned with our search tools and processes as possible to create optimal searchable assets.
- Supply written and verbal communication to support keyword vendors, contributors, and partners to help improve the quality of their data submission and efficiency of the submission process.
- Assist with development of strategies to prioritize and maximise the manipulation of metadata to best serve our global customer search experience.
- Update archival assets based on queries and project-based efforts to improve search using online research and original material from the Archive. Identify areas for internal and external keyword improvement to benefit of the customer keyword search experience.
- Respond to internal or external metadata queries professionally and promptly, verifying and updating new information and providing communication to the originator.
- Work with internal contacts to ensure details of the original material held at the archive remains accurate and searchable online, and action rescan requests to maintain quality of Archival digital assets.
- Contribute to a large, controlled vocabulary and knowledge graph by creating and modifying new search access points, as well as developing term relationships and that improve the customer search experience.
- Provide a clear record of uploads and activity, maintaining documentation and reporting regularly as directed.
- Actively participate in team meetings, the larger Search group, and across the global business.
- Contribute to developing archival search data metadata practices and priorities, and provide Archival and Search Data expertise across the business as required.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Library Science coursework or degree preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years related experience with knowledge of Getty Images
- An understanding of keywording methodologies and search principles.
- Strong MS Office application knowledge (Word, Excel, Access).
- Broad knowledge of historical and current events, trends and personalities.
- Experience working with archival material and image content.
- Ability to communicate effectively and authoritatively both verbally and in writing.
- Experience working in a customer support environment with strong administrative skills
- Ability to work successfully within a global team.
- Handle potentially difficult situations (e.g., delivering negative feedback to contributors).
- Ability to understand and coordinate multiple projects and workflows.
- Strong commitment to improving customer and contributor experience.
- Ability to build strong working relationships, maintaining balance and objectivity.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Frequent communication to exchange information.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
Covid-19 Company Statement:
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which Getty Images will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing has been mandated by the Biden administration and that mandate applies to our US workforce. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Who We Are:
Getty Images is a preeminent global visual content creator and marketplace. Through Getty Images, iStock, and Unsplash, we offer a full range of content solutions to meet the needs of any customer—no matter their size—around the globe.
Getty Images encompasses the largest and best path to market for visual creators through their premier brands including its core, Getty Images; iStock, a value offering of creative stills and videos providing a significant volume of exclusive content to small and medium-sized businesses; and Unsplash, a free offering of creative stills servicing the fast-growing and broad-based creator economy.
Help us move the world with images! Bringing award-winning imagery to everyone, Getty Images has customers in almost every country in the world, with websites in 23 languages, bringing the world’s best content to media outlets, advertising agencies and corporations, small businesses and increasingly, direct to consumers.
Getty Images works with over 496,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport, and entertainment events around the globe. With over 495 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allow our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behavior and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or submitting an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment that celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.