Manager, Sports Operations - New York, USA (13747)
New York /
Editorial – Editorial Content /
Who We Are:
For 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world, whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 405 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 330,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. Getty Images is a world leader in visual content. With over 405 million assets, of which over 285million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives and experience. We believe diversity is critical to our mission to objectively reflect the world we live in and allow our customers to illustrate that world. This means including a diverse range of voices in our content, actively pursuing diversity in our team and sources of content and listening to our customers to make sure we are as open and responsive as possible.
Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Sport Operations Manager - New York, USA (13747)
Location: New York, USA (Due to COVID this position will be Home Based until such a time when we return to our offices in 2021)
Start: February / March 2021
Who you are:
- As a Sports Operations Manager in North America your role is to provide the day-to-day arranging of daily Sports coverage for a lively department that regularly schedules 20+ photographers.
- You are super organized with a skill for logistics and an interest and understanding in the world of North American sports.
- A standout colleague who can work autonomously and take the initiative when required.
- You’re able to prioritize your workload effectively while also juggling multiple tasks and projects.
- You relish the chance to meet new people, building strong relationships.
- You adore all forms of content with a focus on stills photography but a keen interest in video and social first content.
- As a senior member of the team you seek out opportunity to involve yourself in projects beyond your day to day responsibilities and functions, partnering with departments around the business.
- You have a high level of commercial acumen, identifying opportunities and can confidently pitch services to clients if required.
- You are not afraid to take the lead and can execute successful major event planning and management.
- You are often the go-to person for your colleagues as well as a confident decision maker, taking ownership for finding solutions.
- You make your ambitions known and positively challenge those around you to raise the bar.
- This position reports to the Director of Photography.
Your next challenge:
- Assign and coordinate a team of staff, stringer and supplying photographers to the coverage of sports events in North America.
- Strategically lead your region collaborating closely with teams from marketing to sales to ensure success.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with editorial clients, teams, leagues and PR’s by regular phone, email and face-to-face contact.
- Run logistical arrangements deploying photographers to locations and events within your region.
- Monitor competition and ensure we remain driven.
- Keep up to date with the sports calendar regularly reviewing coverage, at both content and planning stages.
- Understand and use data to add to coverage of games and events.
- Maintain strong relationships with a roster of photographers and give feedback on quality of work.
- Collaborate closely with sales to highlight and push content.
- Lead major event productions either remotely or on site.
- Support and assist growth of commercial business.
- Partner with colleagues in other teams globally.
- Regularly review current workflows and explore, refine and implement new workflows to improve efficiency.
- Consistent desire for personal growth and progression.
- Mentor and coach other team members, colleagues or students/interns.
What you'll need:
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Cultivates relationships in a strong team environment internally and externally.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and social skills with an aptitude for networking.
- Commercially savvy with knowledge of key editorial clients.
- Solid and proven experience as an assignment editor, picture editors or experience within the photography world.
- Willing to work anti-social hours with some travel.
- A keen understanding and interest in media, journalism and the world of sport.
- The ability to work in a face paced, constantly changing and sometimes hectic environment.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure, with a can do, tenacious demeanor.
- A keen understanding and a passion for social media.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong / specialist / masterful sense of editorial integrity.
- Ability and comfort with unusual working conditions: long hours; unsociable hours; limited or exaggerated physical movement; lack of facilities; sometimes dangerous environments.
- Must be physically able to work for extended periods, sometimes over days or weeks, in all environments.
- Previous relationships with sports leagues, PR, teams or organizations is a plus.
- The role will require you to maneuver or travel long distances while carrying and using photographic field equipment, including ancillary technical equipment.
- Superb people skills.
- Equivalent undergraduate degree or requisite experience.
- Image editing (including technology experience with imaging software such as Photoshop).
- Technical capabilities (transmitting, remote camera, digital manipulation, networking).
Please also feel free to join our LinkedIn group in order to keep up to date with current vacancies and stories about life at Getty, and the organisation as a whole https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12178384/
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.