Project Manager, Research, Rights and Clearance
New York /
Sales – Research /
Who We Are:
For 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world, whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 405 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 330,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. Getty Images is a world leader in visual content. With over 405 million assets, of which over 285million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives and experience. We believe diversity is critical to our mission to objectively reflect the world we live in and allow our customers to illustrate that world. This means including a diverse range of voices in our content, actively pursuing diversity in our team and sources of content and listening to our customers to make sure we are as open and responsive as possible.
Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Who You Are:
You are an independent, critical thinker with advanced understanding of intellectual property and third party rights who can develop and manage client projects along side our sales teams. You bring an analytical approach to research, risk evaluations, clearance and licensing solutions for commercial projects from our roster of leading media, corporate and advertising clients. You are highly-organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage the details of multiple projects simultaneously.
Your next challenge:
- Ability to successfully and efficiently research, identify and clear various rights holders and personalities
- Manage all details related to the licensing of external 3rd party rights and indemnification assessments within client deadlines
- Act as a Rights & Clearance consultant for client projects; develop and manage large scale projects requiring research, licensing, clearances and internal approvals
- Build relationships and negotiate licensing terms and fees with third party rights holders while managing contracts, payments, and other documentation
- Demonstrate ability to become a content expert; educate clients and internal sales staff about content, intellectual property and Rights and Clearance solutions through presentations and individual trainings
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 3 years relevant Rights & Clearance experience in advertising and/or Film/TV industries
- Expert understanding of licensing fundamentals, 3rd party rights and public domain
- Strong customer-facing project management experience
- Proven ability to manage multiple large scale projects on time, in scope, and on budget without supervision and adjust quickly to fast-changing environment
- Able to understand and handle legal contracts related to personality, property and music clearances
- Must be a strong communicator with solid negotiating skills, critical thinker and problem solver for projects with multiple complex issues in play where a sensible, strategic sales solution is required
- Must be a proficient researcher able to independently collect information from multiple sources and make accurate clearance assessments and recommendations based on commercial requirements
- Possess strong presentation and training skills and be able to explain complex rights issues internally and externally in person or via Zoom calls
- Ability to travel for client visits
- Industry knowledge and contacts
- Proficient working knowledge of all MS Office tools
- Experience with Saleforce CRM a plus but not required
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor of Arts degree preferred or other relevant experience
- Trustworthiness, Transparency, and Openness
- Raise the Bar
- Lead by Example
- One Voice
- Bring Me Solutions
- No Silos
- The Obligation to Care
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
Due to Covid-19, this position will work from home until further notice.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email RecruitingAccommodations@gettyimages.com.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.